Thermal 3" exhaust with hi-boost header and downpipe
Tial wastegate
Garrett t3/t4 turbo
Greedy intercooler front mount and piping
Boost and AFR gauge
SSAFC
welded diff
And stock injectors

My question is, it needs a tune. Its just running a base map. I only plan on running 7-8psi unless I get it tuned well, I'll run 10. So back to my question, is there a map that would work well for this setup? Or is there a close starting point and I can fine tune some things? Is there any other info needed to determine the help I need?

I am very new to these cars and this ems. But not new to boosted cars and I'm used to megasquirt

Anyways thanks for any and all help and I'm glad to be part of this crowd!

The SuperStock map you can find in the SS AFC Sticky in this section should do fine with those mods. If you decide to go up to 10 psi, get some 400cc injectors.

Awesome thanks. Are there any commonly used 400cc injectors around here? And at that point wouldninuse the 400cc map from the sticky?

Yeah that map should be a good starting point, but you'll still need to do some fine tuning. Is your AFC a v2 with data logging by any chance? That will make it much easier..

And STI blue 440s are a direct drop in, you can snag them for $60-$100 used depending on condition.

I believe it is version 2. I'll have to double check.

Interesting. Suburu direct fit injectors lol. Awesome I'll look around.

So while tuning this, I haven't started yet, but what determines the accuracy of the tune? What i mean is, What am I looking for when adjusting the values? Good afr? Or just that it runs well? I've got the tuning down but just want to know what to look for as an end product

Target AFRs are the only way to tune with the AFC and wideband, unfortunately. So yes you are adjusting the map to keep the AFRs around 11.5-12.5, depending how badly you want to build a new motor for it.

Stick to 11's if you want to stay on the safe side of things. In my experience with using the AFC, I get slow creeping into 12's depending on atmospheric pressure deviations from day to day, so if you tune for 11's and hit the occasional 12 under WOT you'll be safer than tuning for 12's and sporadically hitting 13's.

...if you tune for 11's and hit the occasional 12 under WOT you'll be safer than tuning for 12's and sporadically hitting 13's.

Very much this.

What I like to do is lower the boost as much as possible and get the AFR to 11.0, then slowly raise boost 1psi at a time while adding extra fuel along the way as needed. Ideally I like to run 11.5 on the wideband, but I don't see much variation day to day with my EMS setup. If your ECU is flashed, you don't want to run more than 10psi on that turbo (without a J&S Safeguard or a different EMS that has timing control).

Latest posts

Back