Hello, new kid on the block

benr3600

Hello all. I am currently trying to decide which car I want to replace my Corolla with. The Mazda3 s and Mazda6 s are two frontrunners, as they appear to be solid, fun cars without the insane prices that comparable Hondas and Toyotas have, which are all I've driven so far. My mom owned a Mazda3 i for 2.5 years until it was totaled, and she loved it far more than her previous Civic EX. Her fiancee currently owns a Mazda6 s since it was new in 03 and he likes it a lot obviously. They seem to be pretty reliable.

Right now I think I'm going to see what the best deal I can find is, but I would appreciate some input to persuade me either way. The car will be a five speed manual, I refuse to have it any other way (evil) light breathing mods may or may not happen, also, things like I/H/E. I was going to mod the XRS until I discovered that the tranny in these things have an unbelievably high failure rate, and that's not something I really want to deal with.

That said, I have also owned a V6-6 Accord, so don't assume I'm partial to either the 2.3 MZ3 or V6 MZ6. What kind of city MPG are you guys getting with either model? I know what the EPA says, but that is always significantly different from what I get in every car I've owned.

Welcome! My 3 is a 2.0 i GT.
2 weeks ago, I pushed out 316 miles before the light came on. So basically 27MPG, if driving really conservatively.

Ive got the 08 mazda 3 5 speed 2.3L and average about 28-29 mpg, worst i have gotten is about 23. had the car for almot 6 months now and runs great with 50K miles on it. if youre going to go for either one tho get a 1st gen 09 or earlier. the head and tailights on the new gen are horrendous.

I have a 2004 mz3 2.3 5 speed and get just a bout 320 miles to a tank an i got 120,000 miles on the car it lol

On a dedicated highway trip I can get 33mpg, normally on commute highway (traffic) itll be 29, city is about 21-22mpg.

I average about 27 on a tank with mixed driving on the 2.3 auto.

Back