Hello Everyone. First Post. Newbie to the car scene.

Scylla

:
Mazda 6i 2006 Classic GG Auto
Hello All,

I've been a member for a little while now and thought I'd post a nice long thread.

In the next few of months I'm selling my heap of crap 93 Ford Falcon and upgrading to a beautiful 2006 Mazda 6i GG Auto.
It's going to set me back 5k Australian as it's a family car from new with 1 owner. It's got 145,000km on it so far and it'll have done its 150k service before I get my hands on it.

Just for the sake of saying it, this car is so unbelievably reliable. It's on its 3rd set of tires, 2nd battery and the only mechanical thing that gone wrong was coils the made the car stall after driving it a bit which was fixed several months ago.

I've looked into a few threads in regard to mods for appearence/power/handling and some for weight reduction.

However I'd like to ask some questions for some of those more knowledgeable members.

Power:
I want to turbo it in 2 years once i'm off my P's (don't ask).
I'm aware of the price, kits, exhaust, install, tune and added parts that are needed. What I would like to know is that from what i've seen is that there's only 2.25" and 2.5" exhausts that I can buy online (magnaflow). If I want to put an exhaust on before the turbo will a 2.5' be to big to run without a turbo for 2 years? Is that not the best idea for performance/others reasons. and is 2.25" to small for a turbo?

Can you supercharge and turbo the 06 6i Auto?

Already sweet for a CAI to the front bumper just in front of the wheel well. $200 AUD for a kamikaze. Unless anyone has something better for that price?

Handling:
Found a place that has a combo deal for front and rear sway bar + lowered springs(will sell) for $477AUD
28.5mm front, 27 back and the springs i'll be selling for ones to drop the car to 100mm-120mm from the lowest structural point underneath the car(aussie thing)
I'd love coil overs, not loving the 1k price tag + shipping. A friend of mine got used ones thats done 10,000k for $650 delivered for his Mazda 323 Protege. So if I cand find a deal like that I'd jump on it.

Front and Rear top strut bars for $100 each, was told front didn't do much for a FWD or the back, can't remember.

If someone could find me the stock ride height from the lowest structural point of the 06 6i GG I'd seriously love you for that.

Audio:
I have a 5S and want to hook it up to the OEM head unit, I know the XCarLink does the trick for the 4S and an adapter works. If someone knows of one for a 5S that would be awesome.
Also going to put it 2x10" sub woofers 2200w kit with a 2600W amp. If the speakers don't require upgrading then they'll stay :)

Appearance:
Red LED lights for interior, foot well red led's as well. Can't have HID head lights unless the car came with them as a stock feature(auusie bull again)
But I would love to get some white 4300K lights for front, switch rear tail lights and reverse lights with LED

Painting rims Black? Got a silver car paint job atm.
Painting brake calipers as well

Eyebrows for the headlights maybe, some stickers and don't be a hater but I made a pact with the afor mentioned friend to put a pokemon decal on the side *sigh*.
Going to be removing or adding some of the mazda badges as well.

Any tips on any of this would be great everyone.

Thanks for reading :)

Latest posts

Back