Heated front seats

:
2010 CX-9 GT, 2014 Mazda6 GT
Wow, just playing around with the configurator and realized heated seats are ONLY available on the Grand Touring trim. Really surprised about that. I bought a 2009 CX-7 and all three trim levels had that option available. If Mazda wants to be known more as a "luxury" brand, they need to AT LEAST offer these types of things. I was hoping to get into a Touring trim, and didn't realize it is NOT part of the Touring Tech Package.

I know, we all wish for a la carte. Mazda is trying to simplify production. Honda has the same issue. I think only Subaru and VW, maybe the Korean brands, offer heated cloth seats

Here is what happens:

Mazda only offers three trims (Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring). If everything that is standard/offered on the Grand Touring is offered on the Touring, not many people will get the Grand Touring. I definantly agree, Mazda's option packages don't make much sense, but that is their way of bringing in the buyers to the Grand Touring.

If they lose a bunch of customers because of their option packaging though, don't be surprised to see Mazda tweak the packages a little.

they come with the BASE model here...

Which makes sense, they're a -lot- more important in Canada than they are in the majority of the United States! Lack of heated seats is a far bigger deal to the average Quebecois than your typical Floridian.

I'd love to get the heated seats in the Touring trim. Who cares about leatherette? Heated cloth seats are better.

Last edited:
Which makes sense, they're a -lot- more important in Canada than they are in the majority of the United States! Lack of heated seats is a far bigger deal to the average Quebecois than your typical Floridian.

damn straight !! need those at -20c...lol..and like you said,you guys don't need as much...makes sense.

its been that way for a while. mazda lost a mazda3 sale to the focus last year because my wife wanted heated seats but didnt want leather or moonroof.

Not having memory setting for the power seats/mirrors in the Touring irritates me. With 2 drivers, it's a nice feature, and one that shouldn't have much incremental cost. Many cars have this in their mid-level trim...

Here is what happens:

Mazda only offers three trims (Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring). If everything that is standard/offered on the Grand Touring is offered on the Touring, not many people will get the Grand Touring. I definantly agree, Mazda's option packages don't make much sense, but that is their way of bringing in the buyers to the Grand Touring.

If they lose a bunch of customers because of their option packaging though, don't be surprised to see Mazda tweak the packages a little.

Back