gt3076r

odie84

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
I just got my gt30 in and went to mach it up on the blowin engine in my car. Come to find out waste gate hits the trans/block. Anyone have images or explanations of how-to make a custom bracket to get it in there?

well it is what it is...

when i first put it together i used a universal ebay WGA and bent it and cut. which was a waste of time b/c it broke. In the end i bought that one and i didnt have to make any modifications at all, I should of gotten the right one from the start...

this is an old picture with the ebay WGA. Ive changed a few things since then but it all fits basically the same
2wqsbnt.jpg

The thing is im not sure if you can do this because your compressor wheel is even larger so you have less space. I still have a few mm of room but not much. I know ive seen a bracket that places the WGA well in front of the compressor housing. A WGA with a long rod may also work with that bracket
here is a pic i found on google.something like this is what i was thinking of http://ashspecz.com/Image Gallery/TurboActuatorSetup/images/P0003231.jpg

Last edited:
personally, (have a 3076r) i had to fabricate a NEW bracket, + CUT my WGA rod and make it SHORTER, THEN i had to take an edge off one side if the WGA itself just because it practically sat on my turbo compressor housing.. can take a pic if need be.. but, keep in mind my exhaust mani/downpipe is all custom and the turbo isnt even in stock location.. just near..

i also had to fab up a new thermostat housing and reroute it left instead of right..

I have that same wastegate and had the same problem. I did this mod and it worked great.

Make sure you put the wastegate bracket the highest as it can go on the compressor housing.

Cut the coolant hose about an inch from the top so that the coolant tube that runs along the block can move up to make space for the wastegate.

These are pics behind the manifold.

Those pics help out a ton thank you. I also order a bracket from crossover auto. I'm thinking I can make something happen

Back