GT Spec reinforcement panel and V-brace installation

sneakypete

Contributor
:
2002 Protege5
Hi folks, I am in need of a little advice. I just acquired some used GT Spec braces, and I am probably going to install them soon. I have a lower front tie bar and a rear reinforcement panel with v-brace arms. I understand that the front tie bar uses stock mounting hardware at factory mounting points. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't have any mounting hardware for the reinforcement panel or v-brace arms, though. Does anyone know what sizes I need? Do I use any factory hardware or mounting points for either piece? Any experience would be greatly appreciated!

(I already called GT Spec's technical support number, and the guy was as helpful as he could be, but he couldn't tell me what sizes I needed)

the panel uses the factory hardware in the middle of the rear subframe, mark them so that you can get them as close to where they were before as it can change your alignment when you remove them. The arms attach to the panel and car with nuts/bolts washers. I upgraded all of mine to zinc coated ones similar to N2KA

5923478816_640013b162_b.jpg

5922914447_50c532dc0d_b.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. Do the forward ends of the v-brace arms use factory hardware too?

Back