Gracenotes

:
2021 GT Sol Red
Has anyone heard anything about when Mazda will offer Gracenotes updates? Its really frustrating to offer the new technology but not offer a way to update and use it. Whenever you go to the Mazda website to download the update (as illistrated in the manual), it just always states that updates are not available yet and to check back later... Its been like that since January...

I just downloaded the Gracenotes update.package from the MazdaUSA site.

Now I'm trying to understand what benefit it will provide and if I want to load it yet.
Gracenotes site says:
Gracenote MusicID and Playlist Plus are the industry standard for music recognition. They let drivers identify music on their smart phone, CDs and even broadcast radio stations, delivering metadata, Cover Art and Artist Images, as well as phonetic data for voice commands. All of this information makes it easier for driver and passengers to navigate their music collections.

Can the Mazda Audio/Nav display Cover Art and Artist Images?? (I have a 2013 CX-9 Touring / Tech Pakage)

I was initially told by the sales person that Gracenotes would dsplay album art... well... That was a salesman talking. I got mu Graceotes updated as well, and didnt really notice a difference. It should improve searching on USB connected devices, but my IPOD works basically the same as before..

I updated Gracenotes (see previous post) and notice 0 difference.
What should I be looking for??
I have a USB jumpstick of CDs, but see no difference.

Back