fuel injectors leaking

CopenGrizz01

:
2000 mazda protege lx 1.6l
i have a 2000 mazda protege lx 1.6l
so it threw a cylinder 2 misfire code so i replaced plugs wires. but it still kept popping up. so i did some searching and was suggested to move the cylinder 2 injector to a different port. i did this and the injectors are leaking from the bottom. so i took the rail back off and moved the injectors back to the ports they were originally on, but they are still leaking like crazy. im not sure what im doing wrong. i tightened the rail down as much as possible, didnt forget to put anything on such as the plastic spacers under the rail mounts. im thinking maybe the seals are toast but they looked fine and if they were bad they would have been leaking before i removed them i would think. as soon as i start it up they start spraying fuel everywhere from the bottom of the injectors. thanks for any help, hopefully this is the right forum i should be posting in.

Not sure about the 1.6L ZM, but the shop manual for the FS calls for new seals when the injectors are reinstalled.

damn you beat me to it. ^

How many miles on the engine? how does the car drive? severe loss of power or minor loss of power?

Replace the seals for the injectors. make sure the fuel rail is sitting evenly. and when you fix that, replace your coil packs and spark plug wires. Depending on what compression levels may be, your misfire should be cured.

i looked at them closer with it running and they are not leaking from the bottom there leaking from the top where they connect to the rail. i replaced the orings but 3 of the injectors are still spraying fuel out. i dont get it the one thats not leaking was the one that fit loosely in the rail all the others fit tight and snug. so am i putting them in the rail wrong? should they not be tight? i would think the one that fit loosely in the rail would be the one leaking but its not leaking at all.
its got 170k miles and not really any power loss just misses at idle and rpms jump up and down about 100 to 200 rpm at idle.

nvm i got it fixed. when i was putting the injectors on the rail the orings were rolling out of place. so i took them out and put them back on but this time i made sure the oring stayed in place and now theres no leaks. simple things are so frustrating
but im still getting the misfire code and also another code p0507 idle air control system rpm higher than expected. ive cleaned the egr and iac so im not sure whats up with that.

Back