Fuel cut maybe

Well at least i know I'm not the only one having this problem. You have described what my car is doing to a T. Tried a MAF from another car today and it seemed to run alot better. Went and got a can of MAF cleaner today. Will see if this fixes the problem.

From my experiences, a misfire or overly rich tune feel about the same. It will struggle and feel sluggish but will pull threw and act better for the rest of the rpm range. I've had both happen to me right at the onset of boost and it was very frustrating. The SSAFC will correct for the overly rich factory tune if you set it up right. My misfire was due to the spark jumping past the insulator on both plugs and grounding out. I swapped over to 99-00 1.8L FP Protege coils and wires and that has fixed it for me. I also replaced my plugs because the misfire was so bad that it ate away at the ceramic. I NEVER got a misfire code either :-/

As for fuel cut I absolutely got that with my mods this winter. For me it was right at redline and I was able to tune around it to some degree. Fuel cut feels like someone took a quick jab at your brake pedal while you were accelerating. You will wind up with your face almost hitting the steering wheel or windshield. I have some 440's in now but I haven't finished re-tuning yet. My baseline map is 10 and 11 afrs all the way to redline. Fuel cut is now gone but I am back to being sluggish from being overly rich.

Hope this helps someone.

Get a boost gauge. It will tell you. Fuel cut happens and has multple symptoms. With me, fuel cut is more dramatic when the engine is cold, and can go away after the motor has been wormed up for a while. Run about 8 psi and spike at ten, rarely hit fuel cut, and if so it is not violent.

normally, it's the opposite since when the engine is cold, the car is running in open loop. Once the car is warm and in closed loop is when most people start experiencing this issues. Also, you don't need a boost gauge to experience this, you will know either way

alright guys i finally got this all figured out and fixed... last night it showed its ugly head (check engine light) which then i had to limp the car home 45min away... then once i was home i got my scanner out and she read cylinder 1 misfire, so i replaced cylinder 1 and 3 coil wires/boots and Vwalla no more problems, running smooth and like a champ again...

Wga

I had the same issues when my WGA popped. Blow through the vacuum tube and trough the WGA. It's time for a frustrating project if you can freely blow air through it!!

I had the same issues when my WGA popped. Blow through the vacuum tube and trough the WGA. It's time for a frustrating project if you can freely blow air through it!!

Yup my turn is coming up for the frustrating project... Mines popped as well just getting money for new wga

Latest posts

Back