FS/T 1994 mazda rx7 fd3s black touring Philly area 12kOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no fuel leak on the car. There is a slight oil leak from the oil pan area, probably since it doesnt have an aftermarket torque brace. Nothing major as a fuel leak.
12k may be a little high, but OBO. no one has yet to shoot me an offer...
edit: btw just skimmed your fc build thread, looking good so far. I regret not picking up an fc and getting an fd. But you staying NA or going turbo?

Last edited:
there is no fuel leak on the car. There is a slight oil leak from the oil pan area, probably since it doesnt have an aftermarket torque brace. Nothing major as a fuel leak.
12k may be a little high, but OBO. no one has yet to shoot me an offer...
edit: btw just skimmed your fc build thread, looking good so far. I regret not picking up an fc and getting an fd. But you staying NA or going turbo?

Sorry, I went back and re-read your first post and it does explicitly say "oil" not "fuel". I deleted that line in my post above. An oil leak is much easier to deal with. I would think if you took the time to fix some of the easier "problems" you could easily get $10k out of the car. Even though they're small issues a lot of people aren't going to want to have to deal with them.

FD's are great cars but definitely too expensive and too unreliable. It's an excellent chassis and if I could I'd gladly swap my drivetrain over to one. It's lighter than the FC chassis and the double wishbone suspension is much better than the MacPherson strut system on the FC. I'm staying N/A because I've come to the conclusion that 90% of reliability problems with rotary engines come from turbocharging and the complexities resulting. I figured if I keep it simple and N/A and keep the power to 225 whp or so it should hold up a little better/longer. If I can get the total weight <2500 lbs it should be plenty fast/fun with only 225 whp.

225 out of an NA would be more than enough for some fun. Thats about where the fd puts down anyways 230bhp or so. I had planed to do the regular reliability mods and possible go water injection to help increase the reliability with the turbo.
And i agree with fixing it, and I probably will attempt once i get a little more time, but currently im 30min away from home and my car is garaged there. So untill i have time to go down and fix things, it will be listed as is.

bump!!
OFFERS GUYS!!!
trying to sell this now probably and pick up a msp as the trading thing doesnt seem to be working out too well

10k obo maybe that will entice more offers, because up until now, i still havnt gotten a single one...

im fairly positive it will. i havnt run it over any long distance trips, but i have run the car for 4+ hours without hiccup, some being in a little traffic.
So im positive it would, but i have never done it.

offers! btw a lot of people are scared off by the paint, but it really needs clear coat not a respray of the entire car. thanks

walking away.
this is a project that i unfortunately cannot take over.
good luck with sale.

also, try to patch the rusted spots, you might get more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back