FS: JDM 10.4:1 Pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSDE are 9.1:1 i believe, i thought FSZE was 10.7:1. i dont know why these are 10.4:1, but they would fit the FSDE.

the two liter in the proteges is the FSDE. these pistons are off the high compression FSZE which is almost identical except for the intake mani, pistons, cams, and a few other things. these would fit the USDM protege but you arent going to get mammoth gains without the whole supporting package, and even then, you need the jspec ECU which is impossible to find and not a direct swap.

so if you want these for a 2.0 protege, it works, but dont expect astronomical gains.

They are really only good if you can tune air/fuel, and timing, other wise you would probably hardly notice. I would think an mp3 ecu and an splitsecond a/c controller + these would net very nice gains. But you are in turbo price ranges

you would have to rebore the block, but if you have an FSZE i dont think theres a reason to buy these unless your block needed work anyways.

i'm just thinkin, cus i'm not makin nearly as much power as i should be...and yeah, i do have the fs-ze ecu and harness...i suspect i may be losin some compression, these pistons come with rings?

and how much did you buy these for? 196$ and what was shipping?

I had bought these as with the ringset and it came to $330 shipped, except the ringset was sold to another member.

i have 77000miles on my fs-ze , will this oversize work or will i hafta do work on the block, thanks.

I wish I could answer this but I dont know. Corksport would be able to answer this question as they were ordered from them as .5 over. I think the pistons themselves were actually .5 over, if that is the case the block will have to be worked.

FSDE are 9.1:1 i believe, i thought FSZE was 10.7:1. i dont know why these are 10.4:1, but they would fit the FSDE.

Standard FSZE is 10.4:1, the very few and limited sport20 FSZE came with 10.7:1.

i'm just thinkin, cus i'm not makin nearly as much power as i should be...and yeah, i do have the fs-ze ecu and harness...i suspect i may be losin some compression, these pistons come with rings?

The ringset was sold to another member.

I bought the rings .50 over that TWIZ had and I'll sell them unopened if someone wants em.

and how much did you buy these for? 196$ and what was shipping?

I had bought these as with the ringset and it came to $330 shipped, except the ringset was sold to another member.

i have 77000miles on my fs-ze , will this oversize work or will i hafta do work on the block, thanks.

I wish I could answer this but I dont know. Corksport would be able to answer this question as they were ordered from them as .5 over. I think the pistons themselves were actually .5 over, if that is the case the block will have to be worked.

Standard FSZE is 10.4:1, the very few and limited sport20 FSZE came with 10.7:1.

The ringset was sold to another member.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back