Fortune Auto coilovers

flatlander937

:
'11 Mazda2 Sport
http://www.fortuneautocoilovers.com/shop/07-13-de5fs-mazda-2-coilover-500-series/

http://www.fortune-auto.com/fortune500seriescoilovers.htm

Seems like a very nice setup for the price, with some good upgrades available(swift springs, roller bearing spring seats).

According to their application chart it looks like the MZ2 application just has steel top mounts(not pillowball camber plates)... probably due to the inadequate strut center hole in the chassis.

Did some reading around for other applications, seems like a good quality coilover option, and you can have them customize the spring rates and I think the valving to your needs. Here are some threads from other forums with some impressions I found:

www.northamericanmotoring.com/forum...ew-fortune-auto-coilovers-r58-and-others.html

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/901349-fortune-auto-500-series-coilover-review/

http://www.rx8club.com/series-i-whe...tune-auto-500-series-coilovers-review-240259/

Now somebody buy them for a 2 so I can know if they're good when I get some money saved up to drop my deuce (uhm)

Seems like a nice option for a daily driver/auto cross suspension.

Last edited:
My friends use these coil overseas for daily and for track. I cannot say anything but great things about them. They are so comfortable it is not funny. They are rebuildable and they offer a real warranty. They run 12k spring rates everyday and I am not full of s*** when I say the ride is amazing. You do feel it when going over speed bumps, but other than that they are amazing. The only small issue is the elongated hold to allow camber which on a friends car cause the strut to hit his sway bar link. Was not a Mazda 2. They were so good about it. That they replaced the link and provides a new mount to fix the problem. I will be buying these coilovers when I get to that stage with my car. Sorry if I sound like a fan boy, but these are great coil overs.

Well just as a quick reality check, I looked into these coil-overs seriously last year when I was looking to upgrade. Unfortunately, I found the limitations at that time to be a deal-breaker, I have attached an excerpt from my emails with Fortune with some of the questions I had and answers received:

Hello, Thank you for the inquiry!

Our 500 series are built for a street driven vehicle that may see occasional track use.
1. These coilovers are not camber adjustable
2. These coilovers are not upgradeable to a 2-way canister setup.
3. The build time on this set is roughly 2-3 weeks.
4. The rear springs use a special shape due to the separate style setup, that Swift does not make, so we cannot do Swift springs on the rear of this application.

Regards,

And also:
Unfortunately we only make that special shaped/sized rear spring in 4kg/mm (280lbs/in). This is not a popular application for us at all so we have not developed any different rear springs or camber adjustable top hats.

www.fortune-auto.net
www.mullersuspension-components.com
Toll Free: 877.227.0260
Fortune Auto North America Inc.
Mller Suspension Components
Bespoke Suspension Systems

They may have been some updates to the product since my inquiries, but the above information is what kept me from my purchase.

Meh none of those options are available on ANY other coilover so its a moot point IMO. The spring shape thing you could just buy a set of Hyper coils custom for the rear if you really want.

Camber adjustment wouldn't be viable because of the small strut hole openings in the body, and build time is to be expected.

2 ways I have no use for, and again nobody else offers them for these cars AFAIK.

(Not to counter your reasoning for not buying them, just putting it into perspective with what else is available)

I've been doing lots of research on coilovers Fortune auto wins hands down!....most forums love em and compliment the ride quality for daily driving, which was my BIGGEST concern, and for an even bigger upgrage you can get SPRINT springs with em......Good luck!

We have a dealer here,well more like in New Zealand, my friend is a very good friend of his. Yeah i was expecting it to be around 1500 or so. Will see how i go when i need to upgrade.

Back