FMIC Questions

Dvdap

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
Is this a good Fmic for the msp, I have read through the "how to eBay Fmic" and I know that is a better place to ask questions, but it will get seen here faster.
Here is the Fmic https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

What else is need for install besides a weld on bov flange
Thank you

elbow couplers, reducer couplers for turbo and MAF. look for a kit that has elbows in it already you'll save more $$$ that way.

Thats the kit I used. Go for it. You'll still want to pick up a couple 90 degree couplers and a reducer.

That kit looks fine. That is a good size core because you wont have to cut the crash bar at all. I also like the cores that have mounting bungs on them like that, you can pretty easily drill holes on the bottom of the crash bar to mount the intercooler.

It looks like it doesn't come with any coupler/reducers. You will need a 2' to 2.5' coupler for the turbo connection.

Last edited:
What the sizes of the tb, turbo and maf?
Maf-2.75?
Tb-2
Turbo-2.5?

Just guessing.
Also I plan to have the maf straight off of the 90 degree off the tb, is this too close

MAF: 2.75" (the 2.5 couplers WILL fit with some work)
TB: 2.5"
Turbo: 2"

I wouldnt put the MAF that close. at least 6" away.

Maf-2.75?
Tb-2
Turbo-2.5?

Just guessing.
Also I plan to have the maf straight off of the 90 degree off the tb, is this too close

Maf-2.75-2.5
Tb-2.5
Turbo-2.5-2

Just guessing.

The tb is the same as all the other piping

Last edited:
And the bov, how faraway is best from the maf?

Also I currently have a bpv, bov setup to kill the turkey. When I go Fmic with only bov will it return

My BOV is about 6 inches infront of the MAF.

If you relocate your MAF to after the BOV you no longer need to run a recirc system. Can be full VTA.

And the bov, how faraway is best from the maf?

Also I currently have a bpv, bov setup to kill the turkey. When I go Fmic with only bov will it return

Oh nice. So tb, maf, bov in that order.

Also off topic. I ordered a mishimoto rad, will two 12" pull fans from eBay be good. Slim fit of course

Yes, you will get the turkey again. I am running a CS front mount and have turkey.

ahh Same Kit I got. On top of all these great suggestions already, I would plan your route carefully first then get w.e couplers you need and take advantage of the bends that already comes with the kit. Amazon is a good place to find couplers too.

What about eBay bovs? Just till I have funds for a name brand. What type of bov is working for everyone, and killing the turkey.

Back