Factory Navigation DVD

hnda etr

Anyone have the most recent OEM Navigation DVD (for 2009?)?

I'd like to get a copy of the DVD, without having to go to the stealership and pay a buttload of $$$

Gotcha... didn't know your definition of "buttload of $$$." Some manufacturers charge $600-800 for the navigation DVD's, which makes me fall over laughing. So in comparison, $100-125 seemed like a deal. Hehheh.

no one with a 2008/2009 Navigation can burn a copy?

Why would someone who bought the legit disc for a "buttload of money," as you put it, give you a copy for free?

Just buy the damnned thing. If you can afford a $20k+ car you can afford $100 for an update disc of eBay or $300 for one from Mazda.

...Or buy the DVD and sell copies of it to recover the costs...

But then again, I didn't tell you to do that because that, Sir, would be illegal.

Why would someone who bought the legit disc for a "buttload of money," as you put it, give you a copy for free?

Just buy the damnned thing. If you can afford a $20k+ car you can afford $100 for an update disc of eBay or $300 for one from Mazda.

Some people are nice! (yippy)

Updated Nav DVD

Just an update for ya. Replacement DVDs for the NAV is a 5 Star PITA!. I have an 04 version and they STILL have not published one. Here's the latest from my new dealer who checked with Mazda NA a week or so ago. THe company who was doing them for my car at least went out of business (NAVTEC-A large supplier in the day.) Mazda is in the process of qualifying a new source and the date has been pushed out to spring of 2010 (is was Summer 2007 last time I heard. The different years of NAV systems sometimes use different mfgs for the system and the DVD. Its just not a plug and play type deal. Also keep in mind they don't always copy correctly. I've read many posts where folks have tried and have had no luck reading the copied DVD. Its really a tough deal. You'll probably just have to bite the bullet and buy the factory DVD IF they ever publish one. This whole mess has really turned me off factory Nav systems for good. Aftermarket is much better supported. Good luck. If they ever publish one, I'll be the first in line so I'll post any results.

Just an update for ya. Replacement DVDs for the NAV is a 5 Star PITA!. I have an 04 version and they STILL have not published one. Here's the latest from my new dealer who checked with Mazda NA a week or so ago. THe company who was doing them for my car at least went out of business (NAVTEC-A large supplier in the day.) Mazda is in the process of qualifying a new source and the date has been pushed out to spring of 2010 (is was Summer 2007 last time I heard. The different years of NAV systems sometimes use different mfgs for the system and the DVD. Its just not a plug and play type deal. Also keep in mind they don't always copy correctly. I've read many posts where folks have tried and have had no luck reading the copied DVD. Its really a tough deal. You'll probably just have to bite the bullet and buy the factory DVD IF they ever publish one. This whole mess has really turned me off factory Nav systems for good. Aftermarket is much better supported. Good luck. If they ever publish one, I'll be the first in line so I'll post any results.
Thanks for the info! I didn't know that the company went under... I'm currently running a burned DVD for 2007.5 without any problems, but I wanted to get an update if it's available... I have an AVIC Z2 I want to install, but i dont wanna lose my trip computer...

Back