Factory Nav w/ Aftermarket DVD/Video on MS3

I'm planning on getting a 2008.5 Black Mica Speed3 GT in the next few days, but I'm not sure if I want the factory nav or not. I don't want to get an External Nav, like a TomTom, or replace the radio and get a deck that has Nav, but I have seen the aftermarket OEM Look-a-like motorized LCD (the DV-M3?) with a Garmin Navigation system. I know that with it you can also hook up an external DVD player. I know the factory nav wont play movie dvds, but can you hook up an external dvd player to it and play movies? If so, I'm thinking it would require some sort of switching mechanism to change between the nav and dvd.

Any ideas?

I'm planning on getting a 2008.5 Black Mica Speed3 GT in the next few days, but I'm not sure if I want the factory nav or not. I don't want to get an External Nav, like a TomTom, or replace the radio and get a deck that has Nav, but I have seen the aftermarket OEM Look-a-like motorized LCD (the DV-M3?) with a Garmin Navigation system. I know that with it you can also hook up an external DVD player. I know the factory nav wont play movie dvds, but can you hook up an external dvd player to it and play movies? If so, I'm thinking it would require some sort of switching mechanism to change between the nav and dvd.

Any ideas?

to hook up an external dvd player, you will need to create your own setup. plus the LCD screen from the nav. isn't the greatest looking on either, perhaps thats just from the Navvy dvd, but it make just be they put s*** screens in there to save money.

Any ideas?

I think you're already on the right path for what you want. The motorized lcd has a remote to select different inputs.

Have you seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V48nMBk3mDo

Back