Experience buying and my first day with my brand new Mazdaspeed 6 *LONG READ*

Since I have been car shopping for a lot longer then I want to I too have come across a lot of uniformed salespeople. Working at a dealership like I do you also tend to find out that a lot of people other then techs have little to no car experience or knowledge. I'd say 85% or so of these salespeople came from other types of jobs and never have sold cars before. Right now we have a salesman that knows nothing about cars except he bought a few from our dealer. Let's be honest here, other then being good with people you really don't need any technical knowledge to sell cars. Other then having a sales liscense anyone could come off the street and sell cars as long as you are good with people.

BTW I do believe in extended warranties especially manufacturer's ones. I've seen a lot of customers spend stupid amounts of money on their car when they could have just spent that extra little amount on an extended warranty and pay their deductable. Since DISI is essentially FSI (what I work on) I know our injectors go for about $250-300 just for one injector. That isn't including labor to install it which is high cause you have to pull the intake manifold off on an Audi to replace an injector on an FSI engine. So the intial amount for your extended might seem like a lot (not sure what you were quoted for what protection) being able to pay $50 or $100 for your deductable is a lot easier when that repair bill for $2000 at 55,000 miles.

Last edited:
Rac3rX said:
For 1 she holds 15 PSI at most untill arround 5500rpm and drops to arround 12 and fading, red lining at 7000rpm......

Umm because The higher in your RPM's you bring boost the more power you make and the longer you pull...duh!

Then you can do this...

My point is you already Dusted a car at 15psi.....at 7000RPM you have nothing to worry about. I guess that's depending upon what you race.

J dragon said:
My point is you already Dusted a car at 15psi.....at 7000RPM you have nothing to worry about. I guess that's depending upon what you race.

Ummm, Yeah I geuss it does depend on what you race, she wont "Dust" all cars in stock trim. Had that MS6 been in stock Trim, That +500whp Supercharged Mustang would of Dusted Him.....

Last edited:
I'm actually still getting intermittent power loss issues. I went to the service department today to ask about the reflash. The service manager said that he was aware of the reflash, but for the time being recommends I do not get it. He said it is a last resort and changes the powerband of the car.

Apparently there is probably another version coming out soon which will overide the current one, so I should wait for that. He told me the problem might even go away on its own after 3 or 4 tanks of 94 octane.

Today is Day 3 and the 1,000 km break-in is over
biggrin_upper.gif
This car still scares me every time I get in it, it is completely uneccesary for a car to be this fast
cool.gif

Back