Emissions, egr valve and all other vac lines curiosity.... And some help please

GermanG22

:
2003 Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed
I'm fairly new to the MSP let alone Mazda in general... I'm a DSM guy. I was hoping for some guidance of wise words and also some help from anyone here.

I didn't search to be honest since I noticed the threads seem to a lot and kind of old. No offense.

I pretty much wanna remove any kind of emissions or plug up
/remove vac lines that aren't neccesarry.

Please and thank you :)

People usually complain about not searching in threads to find the answer....

And to elaborate... Any lines that are pointless..in Florida emissions aren't enforced... So tuners usually just close off lines and remove some well to clean up the engine

You can remove the egr along with all the piping. Just leave the sensors plugged in and you won't get a check engine light.

Not many people get crazy into shaving the bays like the honda guys. A friend with a civic went through his bay and deleted everything he didn't 'need' and a few things he did need. You could possibly delete the charcoal canister, de-power the steering rack and remove the pump/lines, remove the A/C, remove the VTCS and relocate the solenoids for the VICS/VTCS (you must leave the solenoids plugged into the harness or a code will be thrown, but the vac lines can be deleted.) All the other vac lines are vital, ie brake booster, boost solenoid/map sensor, BPV, WGA etc.

Not many people get crazy into shaving the bays like the honda guys. A friend with a civic went through his bay and deleted everything he didn't 'need' and a few things he did need. You could possibly delete the charcoal canister, de-power the steering rack and remove the pump/lines, remove the A/C, remove the VTCS and relocate the solenoids for the VICS/VTCS (you must leave the solenoids plugged into the harness or a code will be thrown, but the vac lines can be deleted.) All the other vac lines are vital, ie brake booster, boost solenoid/map sensor, BPV, WGA etc.

Thanks ALOT! but Im not really aware where any of those things are located...Only the EGR... if theres a "how to" section for all those other things. I would deff look into it all.

Back