Eibach drop springs SOFTER ride then stock?

JLiRD808

:
2002 Protege5
Eibach drop springs BETTER ride then stock?

I cant find the post/blog/article anymore, but I swore I read that Eibach's 1.5" lowering springs for P5 actually improve the comfort over the stock springs. Is that just wishful thinking?

Right now my ride is ROUGH--I bought my P5 used & the previous owner put small 205/40/16's on it--maybe cuz she couldn't find the stock size.

Is that the only reason my ride is bumpy though? Could springs/struts be toast?

And I do wanna lower it soon...but am just afraid of HOW ROUGH the ride might get!

THX

Last edited:
Google: mazdas247 spring buyers guide. There's a table of spring rate data on that thread. All lowering springs are going to roughen the ride. Your options for the springs closest to stock spring rates are Tanabe NF, racing beat and tein h-tech. Eibach springs have a higher spring rate than those I just mentioned. I used to have espelir springs with tokico hp struts, 17 inch rims with 40 profile tires and it was rough riding on anything but smooth blacktop. I then reverted to 16 inch rims to soften the ride with 50 profile tires. That helped but the ride became a lot softer with the tein h-tech springs I have now. It's still quiet a bit more rough than stock but I also have the racing beat rear anti sway bar installed which also contributes to a rougher than stock ride. Good luck.

Google: mazdas247 spring buyers guide. There's a table of spring rate data on that thread. All lowering springs are going to roughen the ride. Your options for the springs closest to stock spring rates are Tanabe NF, racing beat and tein h-tech. Eibach springs have a higher spring rate than those I just mentioned. I used to have espelir springs with tokico hp struts, 17 inch rims with 40 profile tires and it was rough riding on anything but smooth blacktop. I then reverted to 16 inch rims to soften the ride with 50 profile tires. That helped but the ride became a lot softer with the tein h-tech springs I have now. It's still quiet a bit more rough than stock but I also have the racing beat rear anti sway bar installed which also contributes to a rougher than stock ride. Good luck.

FOUND IT...thanks!

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?58798-**-Spring-Buyer-s-Guide-**

So the higher the spring rate (#/in) the rougher the ride yeah? I don't see Racing Beats on the list...how do they rate?

I was strongly considering Eibach Pro's & Tein S-Tech's but will now also consider the Tein H-Tech's! Do u have pics with ur H-Tech's?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
FOUND IT...thanks!

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?58798-**-Spring-Buyer-s-Guide-**

So the higher the spring rate (#/in) the rougher the ride yeah? I don't see Racing Beats on the list...how do they rate?

I was strongly considering Eibach Pro's & Tein S-Tech's but will now also consider the Tein H-Tech's! Do u have pics with ur H-Tech's?

Thanks!!!

Google: ABC-s-of-3rd-Gen-(-99-03)-Protege-Street-Suspension and look for the result on the mazda forum

You'll see:
Racing Beat spring rates 162/111-190 with a drop 0.75/0.75 on the sedan but .875 in the rear for the P5.

You can see pics of my car on H-Techs here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123847156-ROTA-D2-Striped-sanded-polished-painted-and-mounted-ROTA-haters-move-along-P

Likewise, you should also combine the performance springs with appropriate struts such as the Tokico HP Series (blue color) which sell for about $500 a set lately, if you can source them.

Last edited:
Back