Ebay CAI filter question

jonlong

:
2003.5 Black MP5
I'm looking to replace the cone filter on my cold air intake with a K&N filter and was wondering if anyone knew the part number. It's an X3Racing or something like that...basically an Injen replica.

jonlong said:
I'm looking to replace the cone filter on my cold air intake with a K&N filter and was wondering if anyone knew the part number. It's an X3Racing or something like that...basically an Injen replica.
measure the diameter of your pipe which should be 3 inches and go pick out a k&n filter of your liking at the auto store near you. that simple really.

do a search on the forums. I did a search for the same thing and found the right part number in less than 5 minutes. If I remembered what it was I'd tell you...but I don't remember and I'm not at home to see the box. sorry!

bumpin_p5 said:
measure the diameter of your pipe which should be 3 inches and go pick out a k&n filter of your liking at the auto store near you. that simple really.

Most auto parts stores have to special order the cone type K&N filters for you anyway. I looked around for one for my Injen when I first bought my P5 and had no luck. I converted the intake back to stock. Got tired of worrying about rain, and having to take the damn wheel cowling off to get at the air filter. What a stupid design that is....

Ya, I haven't seen a cone filter at an auto parts store that looked like it would fit, other than some APC ones, but they are no better than what I have on there now. I'll try to find the part number online. I'm pretty sure it's an 80mm opening.

Why do you want to replace it with a K&N? I have the X3 CAI with a AEM bypass, and I have just been cleaning off the filter. Works great.

Magus

I have that intake and I had to get a different filter because the included one was banging around. I got an APC because none of the local autoparts places had the K&N. I'd like to know the part # too. BTW, the APC filter still bangs around down there. :(

There's a little piece of sheet metal that hits the filter in the wheel well. If you look at the filter from the bottom of the car (have to take off that black plastic panel) you should be able to see it. I just grabbed the corner of it with my hand and bent it away about an inch and it eliminated the knocking sound.

When I find a part # for the K&N, I will post it. If someone finds it before me, please feel free to let us know.

Latest posts

Back