2017~2024 Easter Eggs

:
Mazda CX 5,2018
I know this has been asked before, but the thread went off topic. Im quite surprised I havent found out anything about the CX5 that isnt in the manual.

With my old Audi A5 I accidentally found hidden storage areas etc. Also a few things like holding down the remote to close/open all windows.

Anyone found any hidden features on their CX5s?

G

Only "easter egg" I'm aware of is on the fuel door, there is a lip where you can place your fuel cap so it doesn't dangle against the body.

holding down the remote to close/open all windows.

Oh, how I wish I had this feature on my new car.
I don't understand Mazda's thinking that not having this common feature would be a good thing. It's not technically difficult to do.
My previous 3 cars had this feature. It's not a new thing either. My 16 year old Nissan has it.
We are in a bit of a heat spell right now (yes, we have heat spells in Canada....lol),
and I hate having to get into the hot car, fire up the accessory power, just so I can lower the windows to get some breeze flowing.
Trust me, once you've had the auto down window feature using the fob, you'll never want to go back.
This non feature, plus the non power folding outside mirrors, are my two pet peeves for my 6.

It doesnt say this in the manual but if you tap the push to start button twice without putting your foot on the brake, you can operate power windows and such without having to turn the engine on

That is acc function which if memory serves is in the owners manual

Last edited:
Only "easter egg" I'm aware of is on the fuel door, there is a lip where you can place your fuel cap so it doesn't dangle against the body.

Funny since I live in NJ and we are not allowed to pump our on gas, which is BS, I have found that some attendants just let the cap dangle by its tether instead of sliding it into its holder. The cap ends up banging against the side of the car as they unscrew and let it go!

If car is *off*, and in *park* press and hold the gear release switch (silver bit you press before moving it out of park) hold it in at the same time press start once.... everything in on and no engine..

There*s the hard reset of the entertainment system and the hidden menus on the screen. I quite like the secondary collision system where the brakes are applied and the hazard flashers operate in the event of a rear end shunt. It prevents the car being lurched into another vehicle in front. The parking brake service feature is good.

For those who have i-stop with auto-hold... when you stop your CX-5, i-stop and auto-hold kicks in as per normal.

As soon as you unbuckle your seatbelt whilst the above is happening, i-stop and auto-hold disengages and EPB automatically engages.

If you have a moon roof, while it's closed, press the button upwards towards the sky, and it will open upwards about one inch.

Also when opening sunroof normally, it will also automatically open cover as well

For those who have i-stop with auto-hold... when you stop your CX-5, i-stop and auto-hold kicks in as per normal.

As soon as you unbuckle your seatbelt whilst the above is happening, i-stop and auto-hold disengages and EPB automatically engages.

Found that out going through the line at Chic-Fil-A last week...nifty safety feature!

Back