Drove in a 2007 Rx350

one thing about the perceived notion of the 7's leather: like ive posted before, my girl picked up a white on beige TSX - for a sports car (so to speak) the leather in that is already starting to crease. there is too much lose (non-binded) material on the main cushions and other surfaces that i can only view it as future problems, especially owning for long term. My aunt's TL - the rear seat cushion looks like a worn in mattress. I actually do prefer the surfaces (hardness, and tightness) of the 7, to me its much more sportier and so far seems like it will wear much better. (my gf's CL that she traded in had already ripped in the driver's seat w/85k miles)

time will tell - but i too have no probs with the choice of matieral and its construction for the 7

mikey1981 said:
one thing about the perceived notion of the 7's leather: like ive posted before, my girl picked up a white on beige TSX - for a sports car (so to speak) the leather in that is already starting to crease. there is too much lose (non-binded) material on the main cushions and other surfaces that i can only view it as future problems, especially owning for long term. My aunt's TL - the rear seat cushion looks like a worn in mattress. I actually do prefer the surfaces (hardness, and tightness) of the 7, to me its much more sportier and so far seems like it will wear much better. (my gf's CL that she traded in had already ripped in the driver's seat w/85k miles)

time will tell - but i too have no probs with the choice of matieral and its construction for the 7
I have to agree with you. I have the cloth interior, but it has the same firm feel. Sport cars don't generally have "plush" interiors; my father's carrera has VERY firm seats, but when you pull 1 g on a turn, you probably wouldn't appreciate anything softer. Yes, I know that this is not a true sports car, but I wouldn't change it...

After I purchased my Touring CX7 AWD, my wifes boss had to go out and buy a new Lexus 350.

First off, taste is subjective. Yours may differ.

I found the Lexus interior tacky with faux walnut throughout. The fit and finish was nice. The big thing that struck me literally was the roof. It cants in on the sides and I could not sit up straight in the lexus with the seat all the way down and back unlike my CX7. It had some nice features which included power on both front seats the drivers had memory.

Overall it was ment as more of a lux car not a sporty one. The inside reminded me of my Moms '79 Cadillac's interior with fluffy carpet, faux walnut everywhere and sink in soft leather seats. I like the leather in the CX7, These seats support me and I stay in place.

It does not drive handle like the CX7 which was another thing that caught my attention. The CX7 steers very similar to my old WS6 Trans Am, not a wagon. It handles much better than the wifes Subaru Baja Turbo.

He paid nearly $39,000 before taxes etc while I paid $26,400. So, while some features are nice, they are not $13,000 worth of nice. I took some of my savings and installed the twin headrest Rosen DVDs/Game Centers while his still lacks any DVD system.

Sorry but he bought a Lexus for one reason, to SCREAM I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOU DO, instead of buying a funtional car at an affordible price. Which is why most would buy a Lexus or Acura... They want to make a statement that they have more money than you do. Sort of why Hybrid buys buy their cars instead of a car like a Geo which gets a true 50+ mpg and cost less than $10,000 out the door. You can buy a lot of gas for the extra $20,000 for a prius which averages about 10mpg less than a geo. While the Pius is a nicer car, to save gas, and commute it does not make economic sense. But it allows owners to pat themselves on their back for being so Eco Friendly. Do they feel that way when all that acid and waste are dumped in the land fill?

Sorry but the Lexus seems a waste of money. I also took the difference and bought the wife a Turbo Baja so I have two cars for his one... (drive2)

(headbang)

Last edited:
Alpha Wolf said:
After I purchased my Touring CX7 AWD, my wifes boss had to go out and buy a new Lexus 350.

First off, taste is subjective. Yours may differ.

I found the Lexus interior tacky with faux walnut throughout. The fit and finish was nice. The big thing that struck me literally was the roof. It cants in on the sides and I could not sit up straight in the lexus with the seat all the way down and back unlike my CX7. It had some nice features which included power on both front seats the drivers had memory.

Overall it was ment as more of a lux car not a sporty one. The inside reminded me of my Moms '79 Cadillac's interior with fluffy carpet, faux walnut everywhere and sink in soft leather seats. I like the leather in the CX7, These seats support me and I stay in place.

a

It does not drive handle like the CX7 which was another thing that caught my attention. The CX7 steers very similar to my old WS6 Trans Am, not a wagon. It handles much better than the wifes Subaru Baja Turbo.

He paid nearly $39,000 before taxes etc while I paid $26,400. So, while some features are nice, they are not $13,000 worth of nice. I took some of my savings and installed the twin headrest Rosen DVDs/Game Centers while his still lacks any DVD system.

Sorry but he bought a Lexus for one reason, to SCREAM I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOU DO, instead of buying a funtional car at an affordible price. Which is why most would buy a Lexus or Acura... They want to make a statement that they have more money than you do. Sort of why Hybrid buys buy their cars instead of a car like a Geo which gets a true 50+ mpg and cost less than $10,000 out the door. You can buy a lot of gas for the extra $20,000 for a prius which averages about 10mpg less than a geo. While the Pius is a nicer car, to save gas, and commute it does not make economic sense. But it allows owners to pat themselves on their back for being so Eco Friendly. Do they feel that way when all that acid and waste are dumped in the land fill?

Sorry but the Lexus seems a waste of money. I also took the difference and bought the wife a Turbo Baja so I have two cars for his one... (drive2)

(headbang)

Years ago, I tested an Acura Legend. Although I'll admit it was a fine car, I just could not justify its price. I asked the salesman why customers bought the car. His answer, "Prestige."

Because I've never cared what anybody else thought about what i drive, I had a hard time understanding that. I guess some people must go through life needing other people to affirm their egos. I know I'm OK. I really don't need to buy an expensive toy in order to feel good about myself.

I'm free!

Back