Did the rear axle issue get fixed?

Just curious. The Speed6 is a very attractive used car now, but I never heard if that rear axle (bracket?) issue was resolved.

(hear ya)

the diff mount?

if your worried about things breaking perhaps you should stick to walking lol.
every car has its problems, and if your really worried about everything involved with buying a used car, perhaps this car is not for you.

but seriously, best car i have owned to date.
best milage, best torque, best interior space. even with a sunroof i dont need to gangster lean to fit. I have short legs and a tall upper body. just as a comparo my dads 4 runner i need to g-lean in. my mothers acura tl i need to lay down in, and in my sisters gmcsierra i need to lean or else i hit my head on the roof.

have you atleast test driven one?

Last edited:
the diff mount?

if your worried about things breaking perhaps you should stick to walking lol.
every car has its problems, and if your really worried about everything involved with buying a used car, perhaps this car is not for you.

I own and daily an 04 6 speed RX8 and an 88 F-150 (both need attention from time to time)... But this question was a general question because people have asked me about the Speed6 (since some seem to think I am car knowledgeable, for some reason. And I have owned many Mazdas over the years.).

I guess it was the rear diff mount then. I just remember hearing about those failing, and the Mazda replacement parts were also failing. Do you really think it's wrong to ask if a known issue on a limited production used car was later corrected with better replacement parts? And this would be the place to ask that for this car. (shrug)

but seriously, best car i have owned to date.
best milage, best torque, best interior space. even with a sunroof i dont need to gangster lean to fit. I have short legs and a tall upper body. just as a comparo my dads 4 runner i need to g-lean in. my mothers acura tl i need to lay down in, and in my sisters gmcsierra i need to lean or else i hit my head on the roof.

have you atleast test driven one?

Again- not for me. I am just looking for some information. Though I would definitely consider one if I needed/wanted all wheel drive.

The people who were breaking axles due to 4k+ rpm clutch dumps while launching the car have either quit doing that or have bought new cars. An elite few have the drive shaft shop upgraded rear drivers side axle, and have no problems.

The front diff bolts breaking seem to have mostly weeded themselves out, I am not hearing of that anymore.

The rear diff mount cracking was generally done by the same people who were breaking axles. Quite a few upgraded that mount.

The people who were breaking axles due to 4k+ rpm clutch dumps while launching the car have either quit doing that or have bought new cars. An elite few have the drive shaft shop upgraded rear drivers side axle, and have no problems.

The front diff bolts breaking seem to have mostly weeded themselves out, I am not hearing of that anymore.

The rear diff mount cracking was generally done by the same people who were breaking axles. Quite a few upgraded that mount.

So there is a stronger aftermarket bracket that can be bought? Cool. I was concerned that the Speed6's limited total production would mean a lack of any aftermarket support. Though I do remember at least one or two people with some axle/diff issues that were supposedly driving them sanely. So there must have been a few part/assembly issues with some of the early Speed6s. But that happens with most new performance vehicles.

Back