Did some blacking

Sean2010

:
2010 Mazda 3
I did a little work over the weekend and decided to black out my emblems. I think they look 100x better than the chrome...the only thing that bothers me now is that stupid chrome part in the smile...that will take a little more work to get done...onto the couple pics...let me know what you think. Don't mind the car being dirty, if you seen my driveway, you'd understand.

Photo_6FC1C352-C469-068D-4C08-DEDC4E106795.jpg

Photo_48245016-22CD-6119-779A-753BD00CEC27.jpg

Photo_C99D7E0C-0176-2AC8-9EDB-BF25439C2018.jpg
(nana)

looks good, sir. Do the canadian mz3's come with the axela badge from factory? I want to buy that badge, set up the badges like urs, and peel off the 3

looks good, sir. Do the canadian mz3's come with the axela badge from factory? I want to buy that badge, set up the badges like urs, and peel off the 3

No, I took the 3 off and got this badge from ebay. I think it evens out the rear a little. Thanks for the compliment

Looking good with those being blacked out on that blue paint job! I just ordered an Axela badge myself and can't wait to have that little difference on my car. I also did the "M" mod to get rid of the round look of the Mazda symbol. I know I've seen it before, but it's a cool mod I think. Also, you should think about blacking out your fender reflectors. I know safety is cool and all, but they are ugly in my opinion. Take a look...

034.jpg
035.jpg

Also, what did you use to darken your 3rd brake light like that? Does it still function?

Looks good and IIRC you can remove that chrome strip...I think?

jabobson....I'm going to guess that it's either a vinyl overlay or nite shades. That said, Sean you now need to get some overlays for those reflectors on the rear bumper. ;)

Blue-SmokedRearReflectors.jpg

LOL....i already had that don but they came off....so i have to order a new set dammit. I have my side markers tinted as well as you can see from my sig.
As for the 3rd brake light, I used night shades to tint it. It held up great and you can still see the light fine.

I want to do the evil m but you cant do the front the same and I don't want 2 different symbols on the car.

That's a good idea to use night shades for the 3rd brake light, I'll have to try that soon because I hate how that looks on the trunk, the tail lights I can deal with but not that red strip across the trunk.

@CTt3P5 I actually just used gloss black Krylon Fusion plastic paint right over the reflectors to get that deep of a black, I didn't want any reflection. The reflectors took the paint really well and came out looking really good, and no cracks or chips so far!

did you tape off your bumper to paint the reflectors? or take them out....the latter is much more work...

Yeah I took them out, I didn't want to chance anything. I ended up breaking one of the screws off on the passenger side reflector, but it still holds in there pretty well without the screw and I used outdoor strength 3m adhesive tape to hold it down where the screw would have been.

Back