DG Lip Question????

Boston5761

:
03' Familia
Should i just get the reg lip an paint it black, or should i get the carbonfiber lip?

the reason im leaning toward the painting of the reg lip is because if it gets scratched i can just touch it up, instead of it breaking if i scrape

Well, I personally think the carbon fiber lip looks sweet. And I don't see it breaking unless you realy eat it good. But if you are still that concerned then get the polyurethane one instead. One thing to note is that if you car is black, carbon fiber is a bit difficult to see. My car is white so it stands out. Either way, it will look great!

Boston5761 said:
Should i just get the reg lip an paint it black, or should i get the carbonfiber lip?

the reason im leaning toward the painting of the reg lip is because if it gets scratched i can just touch it up, instead of it breaking if i scrape

okay, you should start by posting more of your avatar.. :D

i suggest getting the reg lip and painting the top half yellow and the bottom half black if that's what you want.. how low are you with the coilovers? if it's pretty low you'll definately want to be able to touch up your lip.. i'm sure you'll rub it on occassion.. i do, and I'm on the eibach pro-kit!! of course, mostly the bottom of it rubs, not the front..

i saw someone with an eclipse that tried to do soemthing like that. didnt like it. the CF will take hella abuse unless you drive into a parking curb...

Boston5761 said:
is your lip painted, looks nice

Yeah...but I hit a deep ass pothole so the paint is messed up as you can see. Under normal circumstances that usually doesn't happen. The underside gets scratched, but not the front. Unless you live in Vegas.

590_9037sm.jpg

Snacks McGee said:
Yeah...but I hit a deep ass pothole so the paint is messed up. Under normal circumstances that usually doesn't happen. The underside gets scratched, but not the front. Unless you live in Vegas.

590_9037sm.jpg

sorry for the post whoring but, someone mentioned something about painting the top half yellow, the color of my car, an painting the bottom half black, think it would look ok

Boston5761 said:
sorry for the post whoring but, someone mentioned something about painting the top half yellow, the color of my car, an painting the bottom half black, think it would look ok

I've seen them done both ways...full black and half black and it looks hot either way.

Boston5761 said:

that was me that mentioned it.. i'm sure someone on the forums can post a pic with it done that way.. definately looks hot.. you can do the same with the CF ya know.. (paint the top half-- leave the bottom half showing the CF).

full black on a car that is not black looks retarded. unless your car is black, get it painted. it doesnt look cool, it looks like you couldnt afford to have it painted so you just slapped it on like a ricer would. if you gat a lip, get at least the top half painted to match your car, otherwise dont bother.

urethane + paint = nice

u get c/f and crack it, thats it, u cant repair it.

peace

I don't think that big of a lip looks good in carbon. It looks to 'add on'. As much as I like carbon fiber... I went with a fully painted version. The half carbon one didn't do it for me either for some reason.

Latest posts

Back