Dashhawk missing PIDs

b e z

:
2009 black mica speed 3
Hey guys looking for some help here. These past few days I have taken the dashhawk out of the car during the day due to the heat. Well I went to hook it back up one afternoon and I got the message missing pidxxxx, I can hit the arrow keys and it continues to give me different PIDs. I reinstalled the software from the disk, it is the out of date version though, but no luck there. I have also looked online and cant seem to find the latest version from msd. Has anyone heard of this issue and can anyone shed some light on this for me.

Mine does that too whenever I take it out of the car. When I plug it back in, it takes a few minutes to start up and get to the main screen. It will show missing PIDs that you can scroll through, like you said, but after a couple minutes it will start running through all the PID numbers automatically, then it goes to the normal screen. I don't know if there is a fix to this problem.

On a side note, my dashhawk no longer shows decimals (ie. vac/boost used to show 15.40 now it just says 15). I've tried reseting it back to factory, I've tried reinstalling the software, uploading my profiles, none if this has worked. If anyone has any more info I would appreciate it

Hmmm I read that I took it out before it was able to shut down fully but I will leave it plugged up and see if it comes to.

Little update here, I left it plugged in this morning while driving and it left the screen saying missing PIDs to a blank screen. Also now when the car is shut off the dashhawk stays on that blank screen.

Mine does that too whenever I take it out of the car.
ap.jpg

or.jpg

Yet another update, I contacted MSD for the latest download, 2.51 since I could not find it. Downloaded it and still no change. Still said missing all the pids and then went to a blank screen. :(

Final update. The first time I contacted msd the guy told me they have been discontinued for years but he had one there where he was, assuming he was going to charge me I told him that I just needed the download file not the actually dashhawk. As the last update said it still was not fixed. I got home today with a pretty little package from msd, containing a replacement dashhawk

WOW!! thats awesome, i had issues with mine as well and was told by MSD that i was pretty much screwed because they did not support it any more. luckily i was able to solve my problem after hours of messing with the setting and feature on my computer. nice to see a company stand behind a product!! congrats. want to send me your old one..... i might be able to fix it. :)

Back