**Darfur**

kylenls

:
mazdaspeed
I would first like to say i belong to no organization and am not plugging any website for profit. this topic has recently been really disturbing me and i feel that as a human being i have the obligation to give a crap.

The genocide in Darfur is something that I think everyone should be aware of.

Darfur is a region in Western Sudan in which the Sudanese government and certain vigilante groups (mainly the Janaweed) are killing mass amounts of defenseless Islamic natives in a tribal war that began in Feb 2003. As of 2007, four hundred thousand people had been murdered and 2.5 million people displaced to Chad (a neighboring country). China has also placed oil lines and refineries all over this region and is more than supporting the Darfur genocide as it buys 80% of all the oil pumped from Sudanese soil; money that is pocketed by the Sudanese government and then directly distributed to their military and militia efforts to murder, rape and pillage the people of Darfur. This has been declared by the United States and by the U.N as a genocide and much like Rwanda, we are sitting by and watching it happen. However, there is a difference this time. That difference is that we are focusing our time and billions of borrowed dollars (*ehem also from China) and aiming that focus towards the so called “war on terror" in Iraq; when something much more terrifying is taking place in another region of the world.

I encourage all of you to see the movie "The Devil Came on Horseback". You can buy it on Itunes so there is no excuse for not being able to find it. If anyone is interested please visit this website ( http://www.savedarfur.org/content ) and take some time to read and understand the horrible atrocities that our government is ignoring. As well if you can spare any money at all to help support the survivors of the Darfur Genocide and their families there are many non profit organizations to which 100% of your money is given directly to the victims, just visit this website ( http://www.interaction.org/sudan/index.html ) and choose the one that you feel to be the best. Many of the organizations on this site are providing "on the ground" humanitarian assistance to these people and are trying to make a difference, as our greedy government is too busy securing oil and so called "weapons of mass destruction”.

Please at least spread the word, this is truly a horrible disgusting Genocide and something needs to be done. We can ill afford to allow the world to witness another Rwanda. I encourage everyone of you to write your representatives regarding this issue to push for some sort of sanction at the very least forcing the Sudanese government to understand and see that they can no longer continue this with impunity.

As well, to further help your decisions on who to elect as our nations next leader, you can see what our candidates plan on doing to provide assistance to the people of Darfur at this website.

http://savedarfur.org/page/content/voteredu

thank you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back