CX9 Mud Flaps and roof rack rails

mcgrazz

I recently ordered and received the mud flaps and rack rails.
I see much discussion about the rails which seem pretty easy to install.

The mud flaps look a little more involved. Also, the instructions warn not to take the car through an autmatic car wash as this may damage (tear off I guess) the flaps.
I am wondering if I should send them back. Has anyone had any experience with this??

Thanks all.

I recently ordered and received the mud flaps and rack rails.
I see much discussion about the rails which seem pretty easy to install.

The mud flaps look a little more involved. Also, the instructions warn not to take the car through an autmatic car wash as this may damage (tear off I guess) the flaps.
I am wondering if I should send them back. Has anyone had any experience with this??

Thanks all.

Been through a dozen or so (when i couldn't hand wash) and have no problems.

On the Mud Flaps, I have taken mine many times (my kid said I shouldn't wash vehicles myself at home - not environmental friendly - recycling water, etc.) through automatic carwash without problems.

Are we talking touchless, or brush type car washes, though? We use touchless regularly between hand washes, but with our rack, I don't dare take it through the brush type car washes any more.Too many pieces to get caught. I'm sure that is the concern for the flaps, as well.

Full contact ...spinning brushes along the side and dangling curtains of cloth. Scrub-a-dub type here iin New England.

On a similar note....Scrub-a-Dub offers one free month of car washes with your new car. i got mine last year with the CX-9. Going to register the wife's new CX-7 starting in December to get rid of some of the road salt and snow we'll be getting. Just go to their website and register when you are ready.....and don't forget you get a free car wash on your birthday....It's the highlite of my birthday these days....pretty sad huh :-(

OK-So I'll keep the mud flaps and avoid the old brush style car washes.

No Scrub-a-Dub car washes in New Jersey but it sounds cool. Maybe I should borrow $$ and open one!

This forum is Great!

Just a side note-My son decided he wanted a used CX-7 (all he could afford). While we were looking for one I saw the CX-9. Of course once I drove it .......zoom zoom.
He ended up getting an immaculate 2007 CX-7.

Love my CX-9

Thanks again everyone!

No problem here. My flaps have been through dozens of washes with spinning soft-touch machines and have never been damaged or caught the fabric.

Back