2016~2023 CX-9 Keyless system malfunction and then a bunch of others

I'm getting this problem now, except it's keyless system malfunction, power steering malfunction, battery management, SBS, Front radar sensor, Smart city brake, BSM, Driver attention alert, vehicle system, 4WD system, front camera sensor system..
The battery is only three months old.

Anyone else have a similar instance of this?

I was getting a bunch of U codes (communication) against all the modules on the front of the car and a p2610 and a couple forward sensing camera codes. Adding for context and dealer response is below in the thread

Last edited:
What year is the car? Other than the warnings that pop up, is anything else wrong with the car?

New batteries can sometimes be defective, you can try exchanging it for a brand new one to see if it's a battery issue.

What year is the car? Other than the warnings that pop up, is anything else wrong with the car?

New batteries can sometimes be defective, you can try exchanging it for a brand new one to see if it's a battery issue.
2018, and all systems shut down but the engine stays running and the radio stays on. I can’t turn off the car unless I long press the start stop button and once I get it turned off. I have to step outside the vehicle and lock and unlock it a few times for me to be able to start the car again and then only keyless system malfunction and front camera malfunction stay lit

I'm no expert by any means but given the odd assortment of electrical problems you're experiencing any sign of rodent damage under the hood such as chewed on wires, hoses, noise deadening insulation or rodent droppings? Just a thought and I hope I'm wrong.

I'm no expert by any means but given the odd assortment of electrical problems you're experiencing any sign of rodent damage under the hood such as chewed on wires, hoses, noise deadening insulation or rodent droppings? Just a thought and I hope I'm wrong.
I checked and didn’t see anything. I plan to go home and do another check and check the voltage across the battery

Yes it does sound very strange. Has the battery in the keyfob been changed recently? I can't imagine that would cause all of these other issues, but if the battery hasn't been changed in a while, its a cheap and easy thing to test and rule out.

The whole not being able to turn the car off thing is pretty wild. Do you have any aftermarket accessories installed on the car, by chance? Like a remote starter or a car alarm?

Yes it does sound very strange. Has the battery in the keyfob been changed recently? I can't imagine that would cause all of these other issues, but if the battery hasn't been changed in a while, its a cheap and easy thing to test and rule out.

The whole not being able to turn the car off thing is pretty wild. Do you have any aftermarket accessories installed on the car, by chance? Like a remote starter or a car alarm?
Nope the only thing I had aftermarket was a dashcam that was hardwired in so I removed that but I am wondering if maybe something shorted with it.

I replaced the fob batteries too and it still happened and switched remotes

Update: The dealer diagnosed the issue and it ended up being the recall 3419E that was supposed to be done on my CX9, was never actually done even though it was closed out. It was shorting out at the C44 connector just wanted to let everyone know if anyone else goes through this. All modules checked out except the FBCM and thats what led them to the connector at the firewall

Note from mods: Please don't use all caps in titles or in posts, it makes it harder for other people to read. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back