CX-9 Clear Bra?

Has anyone done this? I recently bought a 2010 CX-9 after looking at a lot of used ones. Many had hoods and front bumpers that were VERY stone chipped. Leads me to believe that Mazda might use thin, "chippy" paint (like the Subaru's I've been used to). I'd like to protect the new car with a Clear Bra.

Any suggestions or advice?

I had it installed on my wife's 07 CX9 and it has held up great. I hated to spend the money, but it has been well worth it. The paint is thin and easily chipped. I would find a reputable place and have it done. I think you will be happy in the end. Ours has been on almost 4 years and still holding up great.

If you're considering it, don't hesitate. If you get some chips in your hood or bumper before intalling it, you won't want to install the film over the chips...it magnifies their appearance. If you wanna do it, do it while your finish is still perfect.

I just had my hood repainted and the guy who repainted that hood said the paint was very thin. He actually buffed the hood to remove chips and went through the paint. He put on several coats of paint and several coats of clear coat.

It is worth it. Even more if you plan to keep your car for a few years... Now I am not buying a car without it. I have VentureShield Clear Bra

My wife's Subie Forester XT has stone chips all over its hood, so when I bought my MS3 3 years ago I paid another $1000 for a clear bra. It's a lot of money (!), but it works as advertised. No stone chips at all. I highly recommend it, and consider the investment absolutely worth it. Just picked up a new 2010 CX-9 (to replace the Subie), and had the dealer install a clear bra for another $540. I consider that to be a bargain.

Had my usual 3M Scotchguard clear wrap installed on the hood (about a foot up), front fascia, fender corners, foglight surrounds, mirrors, and my installer also did the full chrome edge of the big front grille with custom cut pieces. I've had it done on the last 3 vehicles I've owned, and never go without, cost aside. It's just too practical, durable, has a long warranty, and keeps the front, mirrors, etc. brand new and chip free, no questions.

Back