Cup Holder and DVD Player

ajaygarg1980

:
Mazda CX 9
Hi All,

I need your help.

In my mazda cx-9, I have put the baby seat in the center seat which occupies the arm rest. Now I do not have any cup holders for the passengers in the 2nd row. Any alternative for this.

And which dvd player will be best for cx-9.

Thanks.

Put the carseat on the right or left side. CX-9's have a 5 star crash rating for all zones. CX-9's have extensive use of HSS and UHSS construction (High strength / Ultra High Strength Steel), and the intrusion beams in the doors are beefy. If I was driving a Toyota Corolla, then I would put the carseat in the middle. HSS and UHSS is basically a metal that has a higher tensil strength than traditional steel, but has less repairability. Much stronger, but usually has to be replaced when damaged beyond "minor." I think it would be pretty hard to die in one of these things. (although research has shown that a 40 mph head-on with another 40 mph vehicle will almost always result in fatality as the human body just can't withstand the rapid decceleration) But seriously, put the carseat on either side. Plus, if the door glass shatters in an accident, the glass blows where?: into the middle.

For me, I found that even with the seats in an outboard position, the flared sides of two of the three convertible car seats I have interfere with pulling out the cupholders. Instead, I use the cupholder that came with the car seat and attaches to the side of it.

The center position in the rear is MUCH, MUCH safer. In any side impact, the doors are going to cave in - there will be intrusion into the passenger compartment. Also the center is the place to be in a rollover.

Use the rear door cup holders - one on each side of the rear door. I have one rear-facing car seat in the middle and one forward-facing behind the driver seat so the rear door cup holder becomes a no-brainer.

Latest posts

Back