CP-E CAI or Injen CAI

pcpower

decided I am going to order a CAI this week. yay (flash)

I have narrowed my choices down to CP-E and Injen (both CAI). I have no experience with CP-E but it seems like many people on here love it. I have used an Injen in the past and I thought it was awesome, plus it looks like it might be $75.00 or so less than the CP-E.

I'm leaning towards the Injen,,,,,,,,,,,,, thoughts.?.?

Love my CP-E, but to be honest I'm sure I would love the Injen just as much. Now that I think about it, I have no idea why I even chose the CP-E...

I just remembered a website where I ordered an intake in the past for a steep discount, and lo and behold they have great pricing on the Injen CAI. but I'm concerned it just references the model year 2007.......... do u guys know if this item will work on an 09 MS3?.?.

http://www.hopupracing.com/inrdcoairinm.html

Item # 6068P, description "SP6062P, BLK 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 2.3L 4 Cyl. (Manual) w/ MR Technology(+14.00)"

total price $239.00

I am going to e-mail the customer service as well...

thx

fyi - Got a quick response from hopupracing.

"This one has only been test fit on the 07. We cannot confirm fitment on the 09. Sorry."

I just remembered a website where I ordered an intake in the past for a steep discount, and lo and behold they have great pricing on the Injen CAI. but I'm concerned it just references the model year 2007.......... do u guys know if this item will work on an 09 MS3?.?.

http://www.hopupracing.com/inrdcoairinm.html

Item # 6068P, description "SP6062P, BLK 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 2.3L 4 Cyl. (Manual) w/ MR Technology(+14.00)"

total price $239.00

I am going to e-mail the customer service as well...

thx

Nothing changed re: intake for any year.

hmmm cool.

so I was just about to order a CAI, but wanted the hydroshield as well since it rains a lot around here,, but none of the sites I checked seem to have it. (for ex mazdaspeedstore). argh. what site would u recommend to get both items at once.?.?

(or do u think the hydroshield is a gimmick).

thankee

hydroshield is no gimmick lol. Its a water impermeable cover. I got my intake + hydroshield from stre et unit.com (without spaces).

coyfish, cool, I ordered from stre etunit last nite and they shipped this morning.

dizzin, why would you call your own car menstrual blood red. if you are a guy that is especially strange, heh.

Last edited:
I got my injen from SU and love it. I have the hydroshield as well. Michigan gets some rain so I wanted to be prepared. I am not normally worried about hydro lock (think it as urban legend) but for $15 what the heck. I have driven my car in what I would consider the worst rain I have seen and as there were a bunch of us around talking CAI's and all we decided to check my filter for water. Low and behold that well as I call it inside the fender had very little to no water in it and the hydroshield filter were dry as could be. I have had the MSCAI, it was ok, didnt like the fitment much and have had AEM intakes in other cars. All in all I like this Injen, fitment is spectacular and no CEL's what so ever (knock on wood!!)

since your car is 09, you might want to consider and wait for MPS intake so your warranty will still stay even if your intake f*** up the engine or s*** happens.

Only thing an intake might do is hydrolock your engine. Even if you have a mazdaspeed intake your out of luck. They won't cover it just as if you were to back into a pole and mess up your tranny.

Only benefit of getting the mazdaspeed intake is you can take it to the dealer worry free of having any warranty issue. I would rather save myself the extra cash and get the injen. Only takes 20 min to install and the mazdaspeed intake is overpriced.

Back