Corksport High Flow Header for Mazda 2

Tom_Mazda2

:
2011 Mazda2, Touring, 5spd MT
Hello everyone! I'm trying to get enough forum members on here to submit a product idea/ request form for Corksport to make us a high flow header for the Mazda 2. I believe that if we can get enough people showing interest that Corksport will make Headers for the Mazda 2.

Here is a link to the product idea form...

http://www.corksport.com/product-ideas.html

These are some of the features I think the Header should incorporate:

- Larger exhaust tubing over stock (duh)
- Stainless steal construction and a chrome finish for durability.
- Have two sets available. One that features a high flow catalyst, and one without the high flow catalyst
- The header outlet should be at the same position as the stock header outlet. That way, the high flow header could bolt right to a stock exhaust or to a Corksport cat back exhaust without having to modify the stock or Corksport exhaust systems.
- All O2 sensor bums should be welded into the high flow header in the same location as the factory O2 sensor bums so that there would be no need to modify the stock O2 sensor wiring harness in anyway.
- Should not interfere with the Mazda 2's ECU in anyway (no check engine lights).
- And of course provide more power and torque over the stock exhaust manifold.

If you have ever dealt with Corksport or purchased any of their products then you know of the awesome quality of there parts and their outstanding customer support. They are also the biggest supporter of Mazda 2 performance parts in the U.S. from what I can see.

I have done a great deal of research and I cant find Mazda 2 performance headers available in the U.S. from a U.S. manufacturer or retailer. I know about a company based in South America that makes headers for the 2011+ Mazda 2 but it is unclear what kind of quality they are, they are over-priced, and I have not been able to contact the manufacturer. Maybe they went out of business. So unless you can get custom headers made or make them yourself, you are SOL, like me.

So please fill out a product idea sheet and lets make this happen!

Derrick! were are you?

Last edited:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123815742-Finally-for-sale-Headers-for-Mazda-2

Here's something similar, you've probably seen it before. As for the catalyst/engine light issue, you could probably put a high flow converter right behind the header.

I have already deleted my 2nd catalyst with a Corksport exhuast system so if I want to remain street legal I'm going to need a high flow header that has a high flow cat welded into it.

I've seen a high flow header with a high flow cat welded into the header but that was the one I found from that South American company as I stated in my original post.

That would certainly be a nice option to have, and I'm surprised there aren't more people around here running Andres's header. Throw on a high flow cat downstream followed by the corksport catback, or go full custom.

That's what I did...

Andres

That would certainly be a nice option to have, and I'm surprised there aren't more people around here running Andres's header. Throw on a high flow cat downstream followed by the corksport catback, or go full custom.

I think a big part of it is that the only post about that header is old, and hasn't been updated for a while. Plus, $90 in shipping?

Last edited:
Im down but I too meed to pass tx inspection with it as its my dd

Then you are like me and I need a header with a high flow cat welded into the header. Hopefully if we get enough requests Corksport might make us one.

What if you welded one onto the end of the header? I think the header includes oxygen sensor bungs and harness extensions.

I think a big part of it is that the only post about that header is old, and hasn't been updated for a while. Plus, $90 in shipping?

It comes from out of the country.

When you are saying "updated" do you mean the design? I think the other mayor variation you can make on a header to make it better probably is to go Andy's way but nobody has numbers on that one, I wish we had show them. I guess we have to wait until Grassroots magazine decide to reveal the " Secret " ;) .

Plus cost wise mine is like 1/3 of the one that Andy had ,and the HP / Torque increased worked for me. I was going to get one made by a very reputable header company in the US that I worked in the pass for my Spyder's header , but cost was also higher.

When I initially offered, not too many people were interested on them, I still can get it , also have installation pictures.

Andres

Last edited:
I might get Andres's header down the road. Luckily in SC we don't have any inspection or emissions testing.

It comes from out of the country.

When you are saying "updated" do you mean the design? I think the other mayor variation you can make on a header to make it better probably is to go Andy's way but nobody has numbers on that one, I wish we had show them. I guess we have to wait until Grassroots magazine decide to reveal the " Secret " ;) .

Plus cost wise mine is like 1/3 of the one that Andy had ,and the HP / Torque increased worked for me. I was going to get one made by a very reputable header company in the US that I worked in the pass for my Spyder's header , but cost was also higher.

When I initially offered, not too many people were interested on them, I still can get it , also have installation pictures.

Andres

You can't do much with the design to change it. I meant the thread in general, looks very stagnant.

Does the header match the existing. ex flange?

IMHO,

To get a really effective header, everything, from engine to rear bumper has to be changed. To max out power the overall length of the header will need to be lengthened radically. The cat will have to be repositioned, as will the O2 sensors, requiring wiring mods. Bigger high flow cat and larger ID exhaust are part of the process.

Much of the aftermarket stuff is compromised in that the manufacturer is trying to be "plug and play" to make life easier for the consumer. On my Integra, I have replaced the whole exhaust system as a unit along with modified wiring for the O2 sensors. Big power increase, but a lot of work and fabbing. Oh, and $$$$. It requires a major commitment.

John

You can't do much with the design to change it. I meant the thread in general, looks very stagnant.

Does the header match the existing. ex flange?

Sorry, lost in translation...

Yes it does match existing flange, although mine all the way customized to the muffler.

Andres

We have made some headers in the past which required some work to install for the sake of power. The way to get our engineer to really look at a product is the qty of requests from the community so it is up to you guys.

-Derrick

Back