CorkSport Downpipe Information

CorkSport

2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Authorized Vendor
:
All Mazdas!
We have had several questions about wastegate arm/door clearance on our divorced style of MS6/MS3 downpipe. There is no clearance issue with our downpipe. I have posted pictures since everyone likes pictures.

The first picture is of the stock turbo with the wastegate door fully open. Note the location of the pivot on the arm.

WGopen.jpg

The next picture is a shot straight on from the flange/back of the turbo view. The wastegate pipe is quite a bit larger than the stock wastegate door size. You can see the location of the arm in regards to the flange hole. If you compare where the downpipe flange is and the location of the arm in the picture about it gives you a good idea of the clearance.

WGopenwflange.jpg

The last picture I have to share is a shot of the back side of the turbo so you can get a good view of the clearance between the wastegate arm and the downpipe mounting flange. One a side note you can see the divider closing off the turbine outlet to the left of the wastegate door arm.

WGopenwflange2.jpg

No pets were harmed in the posting of this information but a CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 downpipe was sacrificed for the pictures.

Derrick

Last edited:
We have had several questions about wastegate arm/door clearance on our divorced style of MS6/MS3 downpipe. There is no clearance issue with our downpipe. ...................

No pets were harmed in the posting of this information but a CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 downpipe was sacrificed for the pictures.

Derrick

Derrick,
Many thanks for posting up these photos and info. I had heard there MAY be issues, but clearly there aren't any with WG clearance. The questions arose from the ATP bolt-on turbo that when combined with aftermarket exhaust (ie CS or other DP and CBE), flowed more exhaust than the ATP turbo IWG could handle and resulted in uncontrolled high boost.

The only other question on the CS DP was the angle (too high) of the WG pipe return into the main exhaust might cause a restriction from the merging flow. I guess it may be possible with the ATP turbo set-up...

Back