converting MP3 toMSP, HELP!

jtmp3

:
2002 Lexus IS300 1997 Toyota 4runner
Where do the factory oil lines run and the coolant lines also, Will it just plug into factory MP3 places? I am getting the concersion kit and need to know where t orun the factory lines that come with it. Will the factory MSP lines work or do I need aftermarket ones, I would like to stay with the factory ones. Anyone know what size fittings are on all four?

you will have to buy the MSP crank girdle with the oil drain-back hole in it for the turbo. You will also need the MSP oil cooler and the extra long oil filter spindle and you will need the MSP thermostat housing to plug the turbo coolant lines into and the msp thermostat, hope this helps...

BTW... I don't know what a concersion kit is????

I wish I would have known that because I could have got an aftermarket kit for what I am going to do this for. Any help with the hook ups would help. any way around buynig all of those parts?

tap your oil pan for an oil return line

and find a way to tap the cooling system for water return lines

i also thought that you have to get a different condensor as the ac was int he way also in the msp....its not exactly direct swap

Youn will also need the ECU and injectors from the speed or a P5 with some sort of fuel management . . You might be better of getting a kit already made .

we just got done doing a P5 to MSP conversion and are about to do another one. we did not have to move the AC condensor... also you will need the coolant hose that is a three way for the coolant lines to the turbo...

buy an MPI with extra injectors and keep your stock ECU and injectors...

macklum said:
Youn will also need the ECU and injectors from the speed or a P5 with some sort of fuel management . . You might be better of getting a kit already made .

hey, you bought my oil lines from me on ebay. I am also including a oil drian bung for your oil pan. so it will be all you need. oil supply, tee into the oil pressure sending unit, drain back to the pan via supplied bung welded to it.

water lines. A turbo will still work without these. the water is just for cooling. if you choose not to run water lines then make sure you turbo time it. if you insist, then you can buy tees for your heater hoses and route hoses from that to your turbo.

if you plan to use the OEM MSP SMIC you will also need the MSP radiator and AC condinser. if you don't have them then just go with a FMIC.

as for engine management, your setup will be fine if you plan to run low boost (6-8 psi). I suggest a RRFPR like the vortech FMU for that. over that plan to get a MPI tuner or something similar.

also make sure to get cooler plugs to help prevent detonation. most use NGK's 7 range, I forget the exact # right off. another option is AC delco FR1LS. easy to remember because it spells out frils.

anyhoo, I upgraded my MSP to a MAM setup and my buddy bought my OEM stuff and we installed it on his MP3. I also biult my own custom turbo setup for my AE86. so I have been down this road and have a little experience. so if you need anymore help just PM me.

Damn... you should have just bought an MSP, probably woulod hae saved you some trouble! LMAO!!! Just kidding!

Well this weekend is the weekend, I just got my 3" apex catback on today and got everything in line for the weekend but I might need a little help from some people if the would pm me with thier number. I am doing the manuel part of the labor sat and the mpi sunday. If it's a stock MSP turbo with 3" apex dp (catless) and 3" apex exhaust with front mount, what boost will this be?

good luck. You will need a second car that can run you to the steelership, auto zone, or lowes.

I must make one comment, there was a reason mazda didnt want to weld a return into the oil pan. Oil can back up and cake in the turbo killing it very quickly if too much oil is in the pan. Just make sure its as high as possible. The MBSP was modified to prevent faulty oil drain back. Be careful if you do not get yours machined or a new one.

oil feed line is on the back of the car
make a tfitting. the oilpressure sensor screws into th eback of the block.. on the msp , a t fitting screws into that one side goes to the turbo the othe rgoes to the sensor

Install is done, oil feed line on the back of the block PAIN IN THE ASS. Other than that the factory stuff would not come off, but the turbo, manifold, and dp went back on with no problem.

apocman said:
you will have to buy the MSP crank girdle with the oil drain-back hole in it for the turbo. You will also need the MSP oil cooler and the extra long oil filter spindle and you will need the MSP thermostat housing to plug the turbo coolant lines into and the msp thermostat, hope this helps...

BTW... I don't know what a concersion kit is????

the MSP thermostat housing is the exact same as the non-turbo engines, as is the thermostat itself

the OEM oil cooler has some specific parts involved for proper installation... parts that can be easily overlooked by many people... my oil cooler how-to page covers everything in detail and can be found via the FAQ

installation of the MSP radiator and intercooler requires the use of the MSP condensor and the high pressure refrigerant liquid pipe running from the condensor to the receiver drier... radiator brackets are also different

use of the MSP condensor results in reduced refrigerant capacity and may result in reduced AC efficiency

TheMAN said:
the MSP thermostat housing is the exact same as the non-turbo engines, as is the thermostat itself

the OEM oil cooler has some specific parts involved for proper installation... parts that can be easily overlooked by many people... my oil cooler how-to page covers everything in detail and can be found via the FAQ

installation of the MSP radiator and intercooler requires the use of the MSP condensor and the high pressure refrigerant liquid pipe running from the condensor to the receiver drier... radiator brackets are also different

use of the MSP condensor results in reduced refrigerant capacity and may result in reduced AC efficiency

Once again, your name stands true (rei)

Back