Cig plug...

Jack Rot

:
Mazda Protege5
my cigarette adapt. socket isnt working...i was fiddling and trying to move it around, i think maybe i knocked the wires loose, anyone have this happen before? i know it might be as easy as a reconnection but i wanna know before i take half my car apart....that's how it is with protege's :)

oh, and this sounds mad stupid, but where the hell are the fuses on this car???? is it the left side of the dash panel??

Never messed with the power port but the fuses are on the kick panel on the driver's side, there is a removable panel that I believe even says Fuses on it.

The fuse is labeled H/CLN, it's 20A fuse. The box is called the Joint box in the factory wiring diagram.

Clifton

the plug comse off easy.. I've moved min twice sine we boought it. Its now in the bottom cubby in front of the cup holds... out of the way doen there, but still use able.

idk i took mine out as far as it can go, and the cables are mad ghetto rigged...but everything is connected, it has some lights wire tapped into those cables but i checked all the connections and it was all fine, a fuse was blown so i replaced it and still nothing......any suggestions anyone?

I am constantly having problems with mine...it never works. If all the wiring is good and the fuse isn't blown, I'm not sure what else there is. Maybe try a different charger to see if it is accessory related?

My cig lighter has a 3 plug adapter plugged into it so that I can charge my phone and use the GPS and fuzz buster all at the same time. I think that is why I don't have problems with it since I dont put the lighter in and out of it.

I've never had a problem with mine but you can buy a whole new socket at an auto parts store for cheap. If it's a wiring issue you may have to run brand new wires.

just replaced the piece...a close by member parting out his protege 5 had one brand spankin' new, he just gave it to me :D, it seems that the inside was burnt to hell on mine, the one he gave me was perfect shinning metal :) i also have a 3 port thing plugged into it, but i only took it off like 2-3 times and i guess that might have caused it to burn..?, anyways, thanks guys :)

i used it once, it broke and never worked right again.

good thing i dont smoke lol

i'll post pics of my setup soon, im all about function and being hidden

i really wish i could make it, but thats a bad weekend for me school wise

Back