Check Engine light ON , Code P0171

Kraken

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
The check engine light came on a couple days ago on my MSP giving me code P0171, Does anyone know what this code means ??

E6FB62FA-4C85-4588-8A7C-B9DAB2C09FFB-3056-000005D2EFBBD5D7_zpsac723891.jpg

lol clicked on this page and saw the google so i refreshed thought my phone stuck lol

I've gotten this code before when my exhaust manifold was leaking where it bolted to the engine. I replaced the gasket and tightened the manifold back on and haven't seen it since. Could also be a cracked exhaust manifold. It could be a totally different problem, but that's my experience with this CEL!

Yes it's either the o2 sensor an exhaust leak or its actually runing lean which a simple google search would have shown

It usually is a vacuum leak but can be any leak between the maf and primary O2 sensor. Cracked exhaust manifold, torn WGA diaphragm, cracked vacuum lines, broken plastic IC piping are the most likely causes.

I have this code as well... :( I replace all my vac lines to silicon hoping it would fix it but that wasn't the problem. I notice today I can hear a hiss around the intake mani and was wondering could it possibly be my intake mani gasket? I don't want to go around replacing parts blindly.

I will check all those possibilities , the check engine light comes on and off every now and then , i'ts driving me crazy .

Back