Changing Fog lights is a.....

KurtMP3

BIG PAIN IN THE A$$!!!!

I had no lift, no blocks to put the car up on...had to slide underneath the car and the front lip spoiler is always in the way for undoing the bolt...took my over an hour last night! If anyone has done this before you know how hard it wouldve been for me....ok im done my bitc*ing!

I'm no certified mechanic or anything, but I actually stopped before I got to change the bulbs...maybe I have no patience, but I've been meaning to ask some of you guys about this (and girls;sorry). I got the bolt undone (no big deal) , and popped the housing out of the front, but I just couldn't get at the screws to take off the back of the assembly. there wasn't enough slack in the wires to let me pull it out far enough to work with...tips? tricks? :confused: :eek:

Ya but mp301 did you have a lift or blocks to put the car up on? Im sorry but those bolts werent easy for me to get at....

3pmadzam if you turn the fog a little then you should be able to angle the fog so you can get a screw driver in to the screw...it took me a couple turns of the light to get at it...make sure the bolt off the back isnt hanging up on the body anywhere and impeding you turning the light, that was part of the problem with me getting to the screws

Without a lift, changing the fogs in not a simple thing to do. First time I did it, it took me about an hour. Mainly because it was dark outside and my flashlight was weak. Second time I changed them, it took me about 25 minutes.

Thank you Apexi! Someone knows my pain, i was also doing it in my garage at night! Once i had done one the next took next to no time! It wasnt the easiest job ill say that, but well worth it

The harness is held to the inside of the bumper with one of those plastic christmas tree push in fasteners. Follow the wires in from underneath and you feel where this is. You can pull the plastic fastener out of the hole and have all the slack in the world. Changed mine in a few minutes.

Ben, I just ordered a set of Xenon heads and fogs. Which ones you got? was there much of a difference? I won't get mine for a few weeks yet : (

i didnt have a lift or blocks or anything either. just crawled under there and got a wrench in one hand and a flashlight in the other and found the bolt and undid it.

lol, whats up with everyone bringing dead threads back up. . .lol the first time it took me like an hour to switch out the bulbs too. . . ..

Back