Central PA owner new to the forum

daustin

Hello all.

This is not a new car to me, nor is it anything unusual that I have already but a good bit of time into the car already as it is. I have just been primarily on another forum for the longest time and hopped over here to broaden up the horizons a little bit.

My car is a 2006 Mazda3 "i" trim model with the 2.0L engine. The car's color code is 24E, Shimmering Sand Metallic, which seems to be extremely rare. I have only seen a handful others in these last few years and none of which have been modified. My car is a back-to-basics trim which means I have flip locks, crank windows, and a manual transmission... Just my kind of car!

My Current Modification List:

Drivetrain:
- Advanced Timing Mod
- Mazdaspeed3 OEM Exhaust (from a 2008 MS3)
- AEM Cold Air Intake (Red) with AEM Dryflow Filter Wrap
- Mazdaspeed3 Rear Motor Mount (from a 2009 MS3)
- Corksport Rear Motor Mount Inserts
- Mazdaspeed Accessory Short Shifter
- Mazdaspeed Accessory Aluminum Shifter Bushings
- Flex Innovations Engine Grounding Kit (Red)
Interior:
- Custom Dead Pedal
- Unlocked Fuel Computer
- Mazdaspeed3 OEM Leather Seats (from a 2007 MS3)
- OEM Leather Shift Knob (from a 2008.5 MZ3)
Audio:
- PAC AOEM-MAZ2 Line-Out Converter
- Memphis Power Reference Series 500.1 Mono Amplifier
- Grom iPod Integration Kit
- Kicker Comp 10" Subwoofer
Exterior Styling:
- Mazda Accessory Mud Flaps
- Stubby Antenna
- Painted Calipers (Red)
- Removed Side Moldings
- DDM Angel Eyes
- Removed Orange Reflectors from Headlights
- Window Tint (50%)
- Mazdaspeed6 OEM Wheels (from a 2007 MS6)
- Volt HID 5000k headlight conversion
Suspension/Brakes:
- Mazdaspeed3 Front Brake Conversion (From a 2009 MS3)
- D2 Racing Lowering Springs

...And last but not least.... PICTURES!

1000269p.jpg

sam2512l.jpg

sam2514.jpg

img0104f.jpg

Also my baseline dyno sheet from before I started all of this. I still need to get the car up on a dyno and see where it sits now.

dynoc.jpg

Last edited:
Nice ride man, I got a MZ 3 I and I'm the same way with the non power, I love it. I'm from Steubenville Ohio, you know where that is?

I actually have no idea where that is. I do have to admit, while everyone else makes remarks about me having all non-power options, I love it that way. That is the main reason I bought the car. I wanted a very basic and simple car that I do not have to worry about all kinds of power options failing.

You and my wife would get along famously. She likes only the basics too, and it's not always easy to find both a car she likes, and one that is basic too.

Me? I'm more into some of the amenities these days. I LOVE central locking, and power windows so I don't have to do the reach over/around thing any more. But I was a basics man for a ling time myself.

Elizabethtown, huh? My wife and I are both originally from the ABE area. I've been here for going on 17yrs now, but she, only 11.

Welcome aboard!! Your car is looking good, Man.

How did you get the hatchback rear seat into your sedan??

You and my wife would get along famously. She likes only the basics too, and it's not always easy to find both a car she likes, and one that is basic too.

Me? I'm more into some of the amenities these days. I LOVE central locking, and power windows so I don't have to do the reach over/around thing any more. But I was a basics man for a ling time myself.

Elizabethtown, huh? My wife and I are both originally from the ABE area. I've been here for going on 17yrs now, but she, only 11.

Welcome aboard!! Your car is looking good, Man.

How did you get the hatchback rear seat into your sedan??

Like I said, I love my manual options. Keeping it basic pays off in the long run.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the ABE area. I know most of the mid-state here, but no area by that acronym. Probably just long days at work kicking in.

As for the seats, they just bolt right up. No modification at all. Just needed to swap in my front seatbelt buckles to the front seats because I didn't have SRS and these seats did.

Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area... about 3, 3-1/2hrs east by northeast of you.
Elizabethtown is about half way between us and Pittsburgh.

Ah. I had never heard that one before. It's actually only about two hours from here to Allentown... I've been there enough times already.

Well it's called the ABE area for Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton. My wife is from Easton. I grew up a few miles (+/-10) north of there in a little town. And that area ain't what it used to be now either.
Pretty cruddy.

Back