Center console rattle

ZoomZoomMD

:
Mazda CX5 Touring
Hi everyone,

I have a question about my 2014 CX5. I've heard an annoying rattle/clicking around the gear select lever that seems to go away if I wedge my hand between the passenger seat and gear box. This seems to apply a pressure on the center console that eliminates the noise. I have a temporary makeshift solution. I basically folded up a couple pieces of paper really thick, wedged it in there, and once the "give" is gone, so is the rattle. Pretty unsightly, having a thick wad of paper between passenger seat and console. I have to remove the paper everytime I have a passenger in the vehicle or the passenger seat is removed.

Anyway to remove the side piece of plastic that runs downward from the console and wedge something in there? Would definitely be more cosmetic than my current solution.

Worth the hastle?

Anyone else with this noise?

Fortunately the issues I've had with my Mazda have mostly been irritating rattles and not mechanical defects.

Had the same thing. Stuck apiece of carpet in underneath the plastic panels that are facing the passenger side below the cup holders. Been quiet for 2 years, now.

Did you have to take the console apart or anything? Or just wedge some carpet up there from floor or from the top?

Great. I'll try that later and report back. Yesterday I had to unzip the driver seat and put some padding over the rod that runs across the lumbar area. Lots of random rattles in this car. Mechanically excellent and great performance though!

Back