Car Sputtering

Jsimon

:
Mazda 3i
Hey all. Over the past two-three days I've been having some issues wit my Mazda.. here are the specs:

2007 Mazda 3i
~35k miles

The check engine light came on a few days ago, so I made an appointment to get my car checked this coming Monday, but I was hoping if anyone could help me out with my situation.

To start, my Mazda has occasionally stalled on me since I got it new in 07, but it maybe happened like 2-3 times a year, so I didn't think of it as a big deal. But recently, I've been having major problems with it and now I'm trying to think back to all sorts of little issues that I've ignored.

Essentially, starting yesterday, my Mazda would jerk a little bit when accelerating from a stopped position. At first, I only felt one or two jerks, so I brushed it off and was going to inform the dealership about the problem. Now it jerks A LOT when I accelerate slowly (under 2500rpm), but if I rev it up to about 3k, the car stops jerking.

When I first got my car I thought I was a badass (was 16), so whenever I accelerated from a stopped position I would accelerate hard... hopefully this isn't the cause of my problem.

I've looked around and I'm thinking maybe it could be a spark plug issue or maybe something to do with the fuel injection?? I have no idea because I'm far from a mechanic, so anyones input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason Simon

Moving this over to the 04-09 Engine, Transmission, and Drivetrain section (2thumbs)

Back