Car Dieing/Extremely low idle

sadamek

:
03.5 Mazda Speed Protege
Hey guys I just bought an 03 MSP three days ago and noticed that when i'm driving and put the car in nuetral the rpms drop extremely low and the car either dies or acts like its going to. Does anyone know what i'm talking about or how I can fix this problem?
Thanks Shawn

Vac leak or getting low on oil. My dioes the same when either happens

We figured it was a vaccum leak but couldn't find any...how many vacuum lines are there do u know? I don't believe the car is modded other then the racing beat stuff that comes on the car. Maybe a aftermarket intake if that isn't stock too.

Im having the exact same prob, 90% of the time when i drop into -N- the idle drops just below 1k, and the next 10% it drops all the way down and sometimes dies, i thought it was a vac leak, but i have no clue where to start.. any help would be great..

Chloe
XOXO

Maybe IAC valve is clogged.
Has the EGR valve ever been changed?
For your vaccum lines, did you test for leaks with brake cleaner to see if it engines revs up a little?
Is the BPV working properly?
If your IM isn't stock you should only have troubles on cold starts (if they took out the VICS) once the motor hot it shouldn't be a problem..

I'm still figuring why mine is doing so, just got my Forge WGA and once it's changed I'll see if it was the culprid.

Ok I will check the vacuum lines later this week. It only seems to do it once the engine gets warm would this still be the vacuum lines?

Ok I will check the vacuum lines later this week. It only seems to do it once the engine gets warm would this still be the vacuum lines?

Same for me, only when the engine is at normal temperature but it ain't the vaccum lines in my case. Doesn't mean it's not your problem tho..

hi, what you all are describing is exactly what mine is like, only at noramal operating temp will it start to die, on cold starts it runs perfactly. i just assumes that since most materials expand when hot, a hole would also increase in size too and thus it would be a bigger issue... makes sense to me.

keep me posted on your progress, im gunna go check my vac lines.

bye all

Chloe
XOXO

so where is this EGR valve that everybody loves to speek of, lol. My problem is getting worse, and money is tight, so any and all help is appreciated.

Oh, and does any body know where i can see or get a copy of a repair manual for our car, i found one for a 2002 m p online, but its not for the msp, and i figured that certain esentail materil could be missing, lol.

thanks all
XOXO

Chloe

i had the exact same problem, began to be annoying as hell whenever id push the clutch in whenever coming out of boost, for me it was my wastegate. By the way your describing it, it is your wastegate as well. I cleaned my egr valve like 3 times as well with no luck. Try blowing in your vac line going to the wastegate, if you can blow thru it then the wastegate is shot. Good luck.

i also have the same thing going on with my car. i have a nice fmic so i know it cant be the heat thing. i change the wastegate(ATP) but it still doing the same thing.

clean your EGR, at most a 10-20 min procedure, and totaly got rid of my problems..... seriously this is your problem...

Chloe
XOXO

alright thanks. We looked through all the vacuum lines earlier this week and it wasn't that. I planned on cleaning the EGR this week....lets hope and pray that is what the problem is!

Back