Can't find radiator that fits?

ZRTboost

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege
I purchased the only radiator O'Reillys had that was suppose to fit my 03' MSP, and it def didn't. Apparently parts are pretty hard to find and replace on these lol but anyway, ive been searching part number after part number and one site says something will fit, and another site says the other wont so i dont want to buy a radiator offline and be stuck with it if auto stores cant even find the right one. Just looking for a cheap oem replacement, i have a front mount intercooler setup, not sure if that changes anything? heres what was on the car. It says it's a Denson but the the numbers on the part don't show up for anything on google etc. Replacing due to a puncture hole from a bolt because of my accident.
4s0fbs.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a FMIC you can use a regular protege radiator, although I recommend the Mishimoto as it is much larger, aluminum, includes a higher pressure cap, can use stock fans (for a reg. pro, stock MSP won't fit but can possibly be custom fit) or their shroud setup and is only about $250. The regular replacement radiator is a downgrade from stock MSP rad.

Might not be the cheapest option out there but contact your local radiator shops. I've often seen them custom make a full brass radiator for cheaper then a autoparts store plastic one. They can even braze on fittings to reattach the factory fans. Also, you have the added bonus of being able to have the radiator rodded out or recored in the future for cheaper than a replacement. Worth asking around if other sources come up dry.

Hit up Cres @ CR3 Motorsports, he has good deals on Mishimoto Products

Agreed, what you will pay the dealer for a radiator, you're better off getting a aftermarket radiator.

yea def want to avoid the dealer option, mad expensive. The radiator I bought was massive and most of the mounts/bolts lined up but the top hose inlet was differently placed and didn't line up. Also the drain plug was different. So dunno what to do with it, may try to get my original one repaired tomorrow, hopefully possible.

If you get the stock pro fans and rad brackets the rad will work fine, the upper hose will fit if you turn it around. correct aftermarket replacements are available but some people have trouble locating them

Well, I guess there are other options, but they usually take a little while to get. I had to replace mine recently and its my daily driver, so I could not wait over a week. I would have rather gotted a full aluminum, but I got a factory one in 24 hrs and the price was not that terrible because I pay wholesale. Full size radiator was not a viable option for me because I have the Hiboost FMIC kit and it routes the piping through the location of the stock SMIC. The stock radiator lasted 11 years, so the quality is pretty good.

Latest posts

Back