cant figure this one out

87tpita

:
2003 mazda protege speed
Ive searched but cant find a solution.... heres the problem.. Ill be driving in high gear (4th or 5th is when its happening) @ 2k rpm and I give it a little gas, I hear the turbo spooling the gauge shows either 0 or a few pounds of boost but the car goes no where or actually slows down.. if I give it more pedal the boost will continue to rise but no acceleration...... this doesnt happen if I keep the rpms up closer to 3-3.5k and then give it gas.... so basically if I keep the rpms up no fuel cut... any ideas why im getting fuel cut under these odd conditions.

thats not fuel cut and keep doing that and youll be complaining about a blown engine. This car will boost before the 3.5k mark but it doesnt mean you should.

if you had an wideband you would see what your car is doing at that point. when the ecu detects any amount of boost it just dumps a lot of fuel into the motor thus causing a really rich condition and causing the car to run like poo. best to keep the rpms up instead of letting it get to low. somewhere around 2500 is where i like to keep mine. much easier on the motor to do so.

its not programmed to throw fuel till higher rpm and the turbo isnt meant todo anything at that rpm. Maybe a t20 would make you feel more pull at that low rpm but not gt25. Turbo lag is the word here.

its not just turbo lag,,,, the car completely stops moving forward,,,, i pulled the plugs and #1 is shot (alot of oil .. either shot rings or valve stem seals) and the others are almost new looking barely light brown so I cant imagine its dumping fuel...

Back