Can I test the coil packs?

Weborific

Hi. Just changed-out my spark plugs and wanted to see if my coil packs are still good. I found a site or 2 that mention how to test them with an ohm meter, so I pulled-out my multimeter and tested mine. I figured, even if I didn't know what I was looking for, at least I can see if there's a difference from one coil to the other. And there was. One coil gave me absolutely no reading whatsoever, the other was giving me infinitive resistance across certain leads. Is there a way to test these properly and what resistance should I be getting?? THANKS!!

*subscribes* my coils have nearly 80k miles on them so I should probably make sure they're ok. Not sure exactly how to test them though, if I had my car I'd do some probing around.

Hey, Kansei! Good to see you again. Do you LIVE on these boards or what??! hehehe, kidding. I JUST replaced my spark plugs with the ones you suggested on my other post. No problems here. Was gonna drive it a bit and post results back on that other thread. Gotta step-out with the missus right now... See you all later!

I'm on spring break but can't leave the state with the rental car, so yes, I'll be living on here for the next week between visits to my car and work haha.

The shop manual has 2 tests for the coils. Little complicated to explain here. PM me and I can email you if you want.

Latest posts

Back