Buzzing Noise on 2011 Brand New CX-9?

ozcx9

:
CX-9
I've just picked up a brand new 2011 FWD CX-9 in Australia and discovered an annoying buzzing sound coming from the front when the key is put into the ignition and turned (ie. before starting the engine). The buzzing sound remains so long the key is left in the ignition. See YouTube link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulqXOTe--X8

Has anyone faced a similar problem? Or can someone pl. confirm on their CX-9 if this is normal?

Except that in the video the headlights are not on. Mine makes a similar sound for the first 1-2 seconds after flipping the lights on (hid) but quickly dissapears, and is not nearly as loud, and can only be heard very faintly. Get this checked out, that is not normal.

ozcx9,
what accessories do you have on your cx9?
The guy who did the installation might have shorted some wires.
That sound is not normal.
Bring it back to the dealer and vent you dissatisfaction.

ozcx9,
what accessories do you have on your cx9?
The guy who did the installation might have shorted some wires.
That sound is not normal.
Bring it back to the dealer and vent you dissatisfaction.

I've got front and rear sensors. Car doesn't come with HID. I actually tried turning on my headlights after turning the key (to position before engine starts) and the sound keeps going forever (well at least 15 mins).

Brought it to the dealer in Melbourne, Australia twice, and their lead mechanic says it is normal for the car to have that sound. It just sounds really loud which is frustrating and irritating to say the least.

I have requested for an official statement from Mazda Australia and appoint made for the end of October. It is unbelievable to have to deal with this with a brand new car.

I'm also trying to get use to the aircon which blows hot air at times when it is 20 degrees (celsius) outside!

Ok, so just yesterday I was programming the garage door opener with the built in buttons. I turned the ignition forward (no on) and hear this exact same noise. I didn't research too much to where it's coming from besides the front. Almost sounds like it coming from somewhere near the oil pan.

Hi ozcx9/Rawyzf,

Have you gotten a resolution on this issue? My 2012 GT is doing the same thing.

Nope, I haven't brought it to the dealership at all. I think it's just a relay or something providing power, doesn't seem to be an issue that I'd make a trip to the dealership for.

OZ, there's the same annoying buzz coming from my 2012, when the ignition is left on, as in powering the accessories.

From that I can tell, it's coming from a large rectifier-like metal box attached under the transmission. It may have to do with monitoring and controlling the Auto trans.

It seems to be drawing too much power to be for the emissions control system, but that's another guess.

It's like an alarm buzzing and doesn't sound right to me, like a circuit receiving over voltage.

Last edited:
Hi gang,
I'm new in this forum and I heared the same noise when ingnition is on. I dont have HID lights, only standard lights on 2014 GS model.

Does someone has new informations about this ?? Is the noise is normal ?
Thanks

I have the same noise in my 2012 GT and was told by the dealer that it is the fuel pump or the relay to the fuel pump. I forgot about it till this thread.

Back