Bricked system after upgrading for AA 2016 CX-9

I recently decided to upgrade to AA and carplay. The infotainment is update to ver70. (Forgot exactly which) but once I was done and turn on the power to test it. It was fine. Radio came on and everything. Now here's the unique part of this question.

I took some parts off of the center console. Including remove the center piece and put the shift lock into place. I was trying to release it bust it appears I couldn't put it in park. Annd soon after the screen went to black and the dash started to flicker with beeps. I'm assuming by that point I bricked it.

What are my best options right now to fix it? Obviously something is preventing me to release the lock but im not even sure what. Im able to go into r. As of rn it's has its e brake on luckily.

Not sure exactly, but for the infotainment you might be lucky and just have drained the battery while doing the install and trying to troubleshoot the transmission maybe ? (For example if you press the start button to turn off the engine when the car is not in park it goes to accessory mode instead of OFF).

For the transmission not going into park I am not sure. It may have something to do with the shift lock. Maybe you need to put the car back in park before putting the shift lock back in place.

Upvote 0
Not sure exactly, but for the infotainment you might be lucky and just have drained the battery while doing the install and trying to troubleshoot the transmission maybe ? (For example if you press the start button to turn off the engine when the car is not in park it goes to accessory mode instead of OFF).

For the transmission not going into park I am not sure. It may have something to do with the shift lock. Maybe you need to put the car back in park before putting the shift lock back in place.
Sorry for getting back so late but turns out it was the battery. Had jump started it. When I took every apart again I was able to put it into park. I'm guessing the letter got in the way to be able to move the shifter into place?? Honestly clue. But it all finally sorted. I guess i just had some badluck that day? I stall was successful and everything

Upvote 0
Back