Boost gauge source??

:
2003.5 Laser Blue MSP
I got an autometer boost gauge hooked up, but i think it's reading the wrong boost. So were are you guys getting your boost radings for your boost gauge??

this is where mine is connected.

Attachments

• hosetee.jpg
    hosetee.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 215
That spot is fine. You sure there are no kinks/pinches/leaks in the line?

Could be a faulty gauge, autometer isn't the highest in quality.

What is it reading?

It spikes 9psi, and then holds 8, and drops to like 7-7.5 as I get closer to redline. But I turned my mbc up and the car felt faster, but the gauge still reads spike to 9, and then drops off.

ya like peepsalot said it should be fine there I have mine tapped into the vaccum line for the brake booster

Thanks for the input. Im pretty sure my lines are fine cause i checked it not too long ago. I did have a kincked up line at one point but thats cause the actual plastic line bent. I took care of that and made sure all of my line were nice ans streight, but ill check it out again. thanks again guys

the problem with the lines are that when they travel thru the line that is over certain lengths that it loses boost pressure when it reaches the gauge. I have the same gauge in my MSP and a profec e-o1 and the profec says 10.5 psi and the gauge says 9 sometimes 8 psi so if you can go electronic it is the best way to go for boost gauges.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back