Blizzak WS-90 thoughts after 3 seasons

First impressions of the WS-90 compared to the DM-V2 is it feels a lot better to drive when the temps are above 40. We’ve had a few frosts, and temps are about to stay below 40, but they don’t feel nearly as spongy on dry / wet roads above freezing. Will keep updating with my experiences, there’s a rumor floating around we may get our first storm of the season next week. (Fingers crossed!)

I opted to try the Continental Viking Contact 7 after reading reviews. Might not last quite as long as the Michelins, but people seemed to think they worked very well and retained good dry road handling.

I bought a set of General Altimax Arctics this year, had a chance to use them twice already and it looks like I'll be using them tomorrow. Fantastic grip, smooth and quiet on dry roads. One of the cheapest ones on Tire Rack.

IMG_20231014_130633678_HDR.jpg

I bought a set of General Altimax Arctics this year ...
+1 on the General Altimax Arctic. Great winter traction and value. (It's also studable if one should desire more aggressive ice traction.)

I bought a set of General Altimax Arctics this year, had a chance to use them twice already and it looks like I'll be using them tomorrow. Fantastic grip, smooth and quiet on dry roads. One of the cheapest ones on Tire Rack.

View attachment 325246
Nice! I might try those next time just to get a feel.

Overall I am pretty happy with my Continental VikingContact 7's. I will say they are not as grippy as the Blizzaks, which I think is to be expected given they don't have the super soft compound on top of regular winter compound like the Blizzaks. But they do still work just fine.

Back