Blackhawk Farms Drivers School

jwagner

:
'07 MX-5 Sport
Greetings, my first post here although I've been a lurker for a while. I' an autocrosser and track rat in SE Wisconsin and figured I'd let Mazdas247 people know about some upcoming track events.

The Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs will be running two High Speed Autocross drivers schools this year. The first is April 21st at Blackhawk farms in Rockton IL (N. of Rockford) Roll bars are required in open cars like Miatas. The club will also run five HSAX days plus a HPDE at Blackhawk and Autobahn in Joliet, IL. HSAX is just what it sounds like - standing start autocross using a racetrack instead of a course of cones. It's a great way to compete at speed in a street legal car without the investment and risk that wheel to wheel racing requires.

Here's the link to the calendar and registration, and the official description of the event:
http://mcscc.org/events.php
Midwestern Council presents the first of two on-track driver's schools for 2012. Each features a full day of instruction, track time and constant feedback from experienced instructors.

The school will be run in an HPDE format, where students will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with an instructor in their own cars, learning the fast way around the track and how to get the best performance from them. This is designed to be a fun, relaxed event with lots of track time for all.

-------

I've done the school twice and it is an ideal way for a novice to get experience and confidence at the track.

you left out you DON'T have to stand in a parking lot all damn day, and you DO have track food, track facility's, ability to camp at the track and make a weekend out of it, and a community that is way way nicer than the local Chicago chapter of SCCA Solo II. And don't forget when you get a little hot you don't smash your front end with cones or a light pole, you just run off into the grass a bit. If you guys (gals) want some pointers I could always be there to help you out too.

Back