Bigger Oil Filter?

So you're saying that a warranty claim can be denied from a non-oem filter?

I smell something...

get a Wix 86-91 RX-7 filter it also is taller. Wix filters are the only thing I run on all my mazdas. My 02 P5 has 135000 and the only thing I do to it is change oil and its scheduled main.

Quick note that my dealer told me, since car manufacturers do not warranty things like oil or air filters they cannot deny a claim due to the malfunction of said part. They do not replace them everytime each is needed to be changed. Do not let a dealer tell you other wise.

GhostLinker said:
Did not know there was Mobil 1 oil filters !

Here is the part # .
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=555 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=104 height=15>MOBIL <!-- Quick Note --></TD><!-- Part Number --><TD vAlign=top width=60 height=15>M1-108</TD><!-- Warranty --><TD vAlign=top align=middle width=39 height=15></TD><!-- Core --><TD vAlign=top align=right width=1 height=15></TD><!-- Price --><TD vAlign=top align=right width=17 height=15>$10.99 </TD><!-- Store Availability --><TD vAlign=top width=13 height=15></TD><TD vAlign=top width=67 height=15><!-- check shopping LIST status to determine which button to show --></TD><!-- Web Availability --><TD vAlign=top width=13 height=15></TD><TD vAlign=top width=69 height=15></TD></TR><!--End of outer table row for the main results--><!-- Tech Note Display --><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=9>
grey_line.gif
</TD></TR><!-- End of Row of Result Data --><!-- end of the "for loop" --><!-- End of for all populated items in the result set --><!-- Beginning the items that need more information --><!-- End of the items that need more information --></TBODY></TABLE>
They have it at Autozone for $10.99

Same thing here: the M1-108 replaces the OEM size unit. Can we use a larger Mobil 1 filter that will fit ?

Are they available in Canada ?

I use the mobile 1 626 filter in my car with synthetic blend oil.

Attachments

• DSCN0535 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0535 (Small).JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN0537 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0537 (Large).JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 182
OEM 626 filter compared to OEM pro5 filter

rednecks_r_us said:
I use the mobile 1 626 filter in my car with synthetic blend oil.

Hi folks, I know theres numerous threads around talking about the substituting the 626 for the Pro5 oem filters, I just tried it at the last oil change.

Anyhow, for those curious about the difference in dimensions, heres a pic.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_4013.JPG
    IMG_4013.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 245
I also used the 626 V6 oil filter for the first time last change, havent noticed any changes, I was just hoping that it would clean the oil better and keep it cleaner longer? I dont know what other reason you would even use the bigger filter?

jeg0024 said:
I also used the 626 V6 oil filter for the first time last change, havent noticed any changes, I was just hoping that it would clean the oil better and keep it cleaner longer? I dont know what other reason you would even use the bigger filter?

I've been told the extra oil helps dissipate heat better therefore theoretically prolonging engine life.

rednecks_r_us said:
I've been told the extra oil helps dissipate heat better therefore theoretically prolonging engine life.

Sounds good to me:) Cant complain about that.

Oh god. Do people go around resurrecting old threads just to **** with people? I don't want to see what I posted 2 years ago. That was a sarcastic comment then and this is a sarcastic comment now. You can't live in the past. Accept the future. Be all that you can be.

It is called the search button.

I am glad to see people bring back and old thread rather than make a new one that says the same thing.

I use a WRX oil filter. It was way bigger and works great.

Diehonda said:
It is called the search button.

I am glad to see people bring back and old thread rather than make a new one that says the same thing.
I hear ya, just an attack of deja vu when you start reading it like it's new & you're all like wait, I've already read this s*** & you then you go to last page for the new s***. What's worse than that is when 3 new ones about the same thing get started in 3 different areas at the same time. Now that's annoying.

I agree 100% on that one.

Or when you see a member post the same thread in four different forums. Makes me forget where I am.(scratch)

did my oil change yesterday end while shopping for filters I remembered that we can get the filter for the 626 V6 2000 or so...so i check the stock one versus the v6 one and oh great they are exactly the same but the v6 one is 1 inch longer so thats great!and what is great too??? IT COSTS 67 cents less :p so here it goes on my p5

and it is easier to put on then the stock one while filtering a bit more. and crap i put 4 liters in it so gotta purge a little to get it to the full line on the gage and oh surprise doing that was unexpectingly good cause lot of old oil was mixed with the new!

runs like a charm...so no difference at all placebo effect i think..we'll see at the next oil change :p

The only thing it does is allow 4 quart changes vs. 3.75 . Is basically adds 1/4 quart more to full mark on stick.

i got a 4.4 liters jug and i poured almost all of it (i was not paying attention(drunk) ) so i had to flush some :p

the point is...i really dont know how much oil exactly i've put in my engine :p but the gage read 1/16 of an inch higher than full once ive started the engine to allow the oil to get to the filter so its ok :p

No here is a question. What about people with MSP oil coolers? That adds about 2 inches to the mounting height of the filter putting it closer to the firewall. Does that have any effects on these filters?

Why dont you guys just get a NAPA brand filter? Its made by Wix (one of the best out there) and it costs next to nothing (cheaper then the K&N for example)

Back